Looking for EEPROM reader

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
varmoth

Looking for EEPROM reader

Post by varmoth »

Hi there, im a bit new here as I decided the ebay listings are a bit steep and long distance....does anyone know a good south texas area in which to get an EEPROM reader?

basically I was following a softmod instructional on youtube by the user the gronk den, after accessing the hard drive with xplorer360 with the help of a hotswap, i was told to back up partitions 3 and 4 then delete all the files in them...well power supply decided to surge and shut off the computer after i deleted the files leading to it screwing the entire xbox partition table and leaving me to rebuild the drive.

Now my only hope is to pull the EEPROM, make a .bin, slap it on a new xboxhdm disc, run it with a hotswap and pray to god i can rebuild the hard drive....otherwise a hard modded xbox with xpartition could easily do the job as well. I know I could make an EEPROM reader myself with the parts...but you dont want to know how bad i am soldering lol, that doorbell never got put together cause it became holy.

I have been softmodding consoles left and right....but the xbox has been leagues above whatever ive done thus far, the methods are still archaic and so much work needs to be put into the softmod process if you cant save exploit....over 30 hours, 13 different webpages, 3 different generations of computers, 9 different pieces of software and I feel ive gotten nowhere other than er12....or I think now that its been unplugged er16 which is also gonna be fun to fix. fml.