What to do with Chimp261812-master.zip files

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
carpenter940

What to do with Chimp261812-master.zip files

Post by carpenter940 »

I couldn't find a complete answer to this so I will ask here.
I Softmodded my XBOX and used unleashx dashboard. I want to upgrade HDD to a larger size.
I just downloaded Chimp261812-master.zip and unzipped it but I am having trouble figuring out what files/directories to copy to my XBOX.
Inside the Chimp261812-master.zip is a Chimp261812-master folder
Inside the Chimp261812-master folder are two more folders: "E Partition" and "Source Files"
Inside the E Partition folder are two more folders: "Chimp" and "XBP Table Writer"
Inside chimp folder are the files: linux267, initrd.gz, default.xbe and config.cfg

Everyplace I looked I was instructed to just copy the Chimp folder to e:\apps... what do I do with the "Source Files", "E Partition" and "XBP Table Writer" folders?
All videos I watched start out with Chimp already installed and all other references to Chimp installation on other websites never mention those other folders.
Thanks for explaining this in very simple terms.
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: What to do with Chimp261812-master.zip files

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

I've always thought the commendably comprehensive way Rocky5 packaged Chimp 261812 with source files etc would cause a post like this eventually and two or three years on I've been proven correct. :)

Once the download has been unzipped the only part you need to be concerned with is the "Chimp" folder inside the E Partition folder. That "Chimp" folder is the only thing you need to put in E:\Apps just as it is so the path will be E:\Apps\Chimp.

With the last (Master) version of Chimp 261812 that is really all you need to do and on reboot you should be able to launch it as an application.

If you read the Install Instructions included in the E Partition folder Rocky5 set it up so that it could be installed in six locations. Really the only ones relevant to 99% of users are E:\Apps or E:\Applications. He provides the E:\Applications location as an alternative because his own softmod package is set up to use an E:\Applications folder rather than just the more common E:\Apps.

The the XBP Table Writer and the Source Files folders are of minority interest but, as said, this is a comprehensive package and including them is helpful for some people if, potentially, confusing for others.
carpenter940

Post by carpenter940 »

Hi, thanks for answering so fast. You gave good advice. Once I get my SATA adapter I'll get on with the upgrade.
Wheller

Post by Wheller »

Thanks for the advice!
I don't know if my pals are going to play there. I hope so. It's because grand national club full manual helped me to master my skills. This is cool, huh?