A little Help with my X3 modded Xbox plz

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
rattyjunk

A little Help with my X3 modded Xbox plz

Post by rattyjunk »

I have an Xbox with an Xecuter 3 chip, it’s on bios 3924 and some time ago I replaced the stock drive with a 250gb ide drive. The X3 settings were set to F drive gets everything no G drive.

Fast forward to this week and I’ve got a 2TB drive full of content to install, I asked the guy who sent me the drive whether the drive had a G drive because I’d been having problems accessing the drive and was getting error 7 while booting, he said it did. I figured that maybe the Xbox just wasn’t seeing the larger drive. I could’t Boot too the X3 menu with the drive connected so I booted into the bios menu with the old drive connected.

I then changed the setting in the X3 bios for drives to F up to 137gb G gets the rest. I assumed this was the best setting for larger drives.

The drive fired up just fine and went to the dashboard (xBmc Fusion) but the G drive is unavailable, F: Show 0 free,

It occurred to me only after the fact :oops: that being a big drive maybe F and G would be huge and fiddling with the bios may have damaged the data?

I’m not sure if I’ve done something to the drive that is uncorrectable but would appreciate any feedback from you guys that are X3 users.

Foolishly I probably done to much tweaking with the setting without really reading up about thing. Ah well, let pray for a fix :D :D
rattyjunk

Re: A little Help with my X3 modded Xbox plz

Post by rattyjunk »

I may have sorted it....?

So as I said before, I selected F: up to 137gb and rest on G:

Well I read in a similar post to mine about loading the saved partition table and the drive and content seem to be working just fine. My only worry is that in the other post someone mentioned that the X3 bios doesn’t play to well with 2TB drives and there maybe problems with the drive later on.

It’s also strange that although I selected the above option, F & G occording to the partition table within the X3 bios menu are both 927gb each regardless of the option above.

It all seems to be working but if the bios will cause problems along the line then I’d be up to suggestion of a replacement.

If memory serves IND firmware and X2 5xxx firmware was suggested.

Any help would be appreciated