Nulling hdd on 2 softmodded consoles?

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Tomlad

Nulling hdd on 2 softmodded consoles?

Post by Tomlad »

Hi all,

Been a very long time since I was last modding, and I'm just getting back to grips again. Here is my situation (for explanation purposes I will refer to my xboxes by colour)

I have 1x black xbox with a 500gb hdd softmod on unleashed (modded this 8 years ago)
1x green xbox that I've recently just softmodded with a 8gb stock drive

My intention is to Put a bigger drive in the green xbox. So I have bought a 1tb sata drive and succesfully cloned the 500gb drive using chimp. I have currently locked both the 500gb drive and the 1tb drive to my black xbox.

However, I am unsure how to go about Putting the 1tb now into the green xbox. I want to null the keys on the drives so I don't have to worry about eeproms and such, but what's the best method for me to do this with the fact there's the 8gb softmodded stock in my green Xbox? In my head, if I null one of the large drives, and the 8gb drive I will be stuck with a drive that's locked to a console?

Hope that makes sense!
Thanks
mcxbox

Re: Nulling hdd on 2 softmodded consoles?

Post by mcxbox »

Google Rocky5 softmod and download build 1.14 bundle. FTP the Quick upgrade folder to your xbox(es), follow the on screen instructions to update the soft mod (it's easy) and then run NKpatcher (it's automatically installed as part of the soft mod upgrade) and navigate to the Null HDD/eeprom option. Then null your HDD and eeprom. The whole process is really simple.