Chips for sale?

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
GhostlyGamer

Chips for sale?

Post by GhostlyGamer »

I have a Softmoded Xbox (V1.4 or 1.5, not sure), but I really really want to use a chip ( I have no idea why, just a compulsion). Any one got any Modchips for sale? Preferably the X3 or X3CE with the control board or front panel with LCD. I cant find any online ANYWHERE, I found some X2.6es but the site looks shady and it has no control boards.
bigkidoz

Re: Chips for sale?

Post by bigkidoz »

GhostlyGamer wrote:I have a Softmoded Xbox (V1.4 or 1.5, not sure), but I really really want to use a chip ( I have no idea why, just a compulsion). Any one got any Modchips for sale? Preferably the X3 or X3CE with the control board or front panel with LCD. I cant find any online ANYWHERE, I found some X2.6es but the site looks shady and it has no control boards.
The lcd compatible chips are virtually impossible to find and now the most common chip still available is the Aladdin, if its just for being able to use an unlocked HDD then why not tsop flash it ?
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Agree. I only see the need for a modchip on a v1.6 - all earlier versions, just do the simpler TSOP mod - and it's free.
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

Eh, i like to have the safety net of being able to reverse it. i found some duox 2 chips as well, and while not lcd compatible, they seem pretty easy to manage. and like i said, i know it could be simpler, i just have the compulsion to run a chip.
xman

Post by xman »

Chips are cheap insurance. Under $10 and some soldering and your away. Forever. Only had one chip bios failure, (DuoX by the way but a lite so only 1 bios), and simply hotswapped the chip and re-flashed it so I have never had a modchip die as such. Seeing as a modchip dropped it's bios, I'd imagine a TSOP can do the same. Can you recover a machine running a TSOP if the bios fails with it's softmod required initially to do the TSOP or is the machine landfill or parts at best?.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

If the bios on the TSOP of a softmodded box dies you can just slap on a chip to make it boot up (should boot to the softmod) and your off to the races again. Of course since they're a chip you might as well take advantage of it.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

xman wrote:Chips are cheap insurance. Under $10 ....
....buy another box.
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

Back to the original question, anyone got any X3/CE chips for sale? Modchip.org has the frontpanel, but not the chip :(
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

Or would it just be better to find a DuoX2 and forget the possibility of an X3, seeing as i came to the scene waaaay too late (im 16)
stevengw

Post by stevengw »

X3 CE chips are gone, can only find 2.6ce and Aladdin.
http://shop.01media.com/categoryb.asp?ID=1435&ID2=3348
Xbox (black) with 1.6rev board (final), Xecuter 3 Pro, with LCD, XE control panel with pro switches + usb,
IR mod and micro usb programming port. XE 3D Laser logo.
1080i HD mod to board and HDMI output cable.
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

stevengw wrote:X3 CE chips are gone, can only find 2.6ce and Aladdin.
Yeah i bought a 2.6 from ModchipCentral, but the point of the thread was to see if anyone HERE, has any Spare X3's or a broken box with a working X3 or a working xbox with an X3, that they would be willing to sell/able to desolder and sell.

the ironic thing, is the frontpanel is still out there http://www.modchip.org/product_info.php ... cts_id=411
xman

Post by xman »

Requests for Aladdin XT 64 chips boys. Yes the LCD ones. You'll be soldering but you will have LCDs. Hell, I might even do a "Plug And Play" cable set with sockets so then you just "Plug It Together" and then no soldering, once you get your chip on a socket. Need numbers of, I don't know yet, :oops: but they are available. Probably need expressions of interest for 50 chips for the deal to go ahead so if your interested, reply.
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

xman wrote:Requests for Aladdin XT 64 chips boys. Yes the LCD ones. You'll be soldering but you will have LCDs. Hell, I might even do a "Plug And Play" cable set with sockets so then you just "Plug It Together" and then no soldering, once you get your chip on a socket. Need numbers of, I don't know yet, :oops: but they are available. Probably need expressions of interest for 50 chips for the deal to go ahead so if your interested, reply.
I have no idea what you just said.
Adult Swimmer

Post by Adult Swimmer »

He's taking request for the Aladdin XT 64 chips. If he gets enough request he can make a bulk order which is cheaper, and to sweetin the deal he may make you a solderless adapter to install for your convenience. Hard to beat that!!!!
Always root for the team of the guy who supplied the keg!!!!!
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

INTERESTED! How much would they be for us to buy one (or 2 or more ;) just gotta get the boxes for that ?
depending on price id be interested in 2 or 3
Last edited by GhostlyGamer on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikeosoft

Post by Mikeosoft »

I'd like to buy a bunch so i can mod them and install in xbox's for customers. If they are the 4064 Lattace which they'd need to be to have lcd features. please put me down for atleast 5.
asbo

Post by asbo »

I'd buy a couple if you need to get the numbers up. Don't really need them but it can never hurt to have some lying around :)
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

I'm interested too, still if there's someone who wants to sell a console with X3 modchip or just the modchip, I'm taking it :D
RoyalX

Post by RoyalX »

What you guys want to spend for a X3 modded xbox?
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

RoyalX wrote:What you guys want to spend for a X3 modded xbox?
Chip only: Id go up to 80
The Whole box: 120
180-200 with front panel (the lcd one)

But still waiting on enough people for some of those Aladdins *cough* xman *cough*