Picked up another Halo SE today.

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Nextelhalo

Picked up another Halo SE today.

Post by Nextelhalo »

Found a good deal on Craigs List and scooped it up as quick as i could. Because of what your about to see I was able to knock of 20$ on the price
for a grand total of 30$, console only. The IDIOT who owned it before must have spilled something in here to make this happen. The amount of dust
that came out of this was amazing, so much i had to use a 5hp shop vac to suck it all out. The DVD drive had stick fluid residue all over the top. I suspect
a soft drink was spilled and never cleaned. On the plus side it came with a 250GB drive and an older Xenium chip with a cool little LED light bar i never knew existed.

Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
Xphazer

Re: Picked up another Halo SE today.

Post by Xphazer »

That's a great find! A good bath and new RF shield then it will look like new. :)
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

$30, must have seen ya coming :lol: .
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
Adult Swimmer

Post by Adult Swimmer »

That looks pretty rough. Reminds me of one I picked up at a yard sale that had a soda in it as well. The real sick part was that it also had over a hundred dead roaches in it. Yes over a hundred! That was over 4 yrs ago and its still kicking today. Long live the xbox ( clean xbox that is ) !!!!
Nice find Nextelhalo!
Always root for the team of the guy who supplied the keg!!!!!
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

She's been washed now and all that rust came off of the plastic just fine but that shielding was trashed so I decided not to use one.
I noticed that when you dont use the bottom RF shielding on these green cases it gives the front a deeper,darker green look, kinda cool.
Plus you can see the bottom of the mobo from the bottom of the case, very cool.

Anyone have experience with the Xenium ICE chip? I've got it all worked out for the most part but i'm wondering if it's worth upgrading
the onboard OS from 2.0 to 2.3, I havent been able to find any details on the differences but the one thing I'm after is trying to switch
the LED on demand. Right now the only way to change the LED is to flash a new bios to the chip and then it asks me what color, marking
a certain LED color for the BIOS that was booted. Kinda cool but kinda weird too.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
Debug kit untouched
xman

Post by xman »

Never seen and ICE chip. What sized bios does it take. Are you real worried about the LED color dictated by the bios when as soon as XBMC starts, it takes over the LED color anyway unless of coarse you can have it changing as I discussed with you once before but cannot do with an M8 bios. ;)
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

I have 2 of them my self but never really took the time to play around whit them.. xman the LED Nextel is talking about is an RGB LED on the chip it self.
These chip have an embedded OS like the X3.. its a 4th generation modchip, my favorite :)
From what i have read everywhere the update is pretty straightforward BUT 1st you need to make sure its not a fake one.. otherwise you could HARD BRICK the chip.
Xenium-OS Update Manual.pdf     Xenium-OS V2.0 User Manual.pdf     XOS2.3.1_HDD.rar (Thats the file i have for them.. but do your homework anyway.)
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Thank you sir for the pic and info, i'll add it to the library of goodies
Debug kit untouched