Modded Orignial Xbox not recognizing disc

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
sk111607

Modded Orignial Xbox not recognizing disc

Post by sk111607 »

I have an original modded Xbox. I've recently tried to put in a couple of normal games to play and it the xbox turns on and all that but goes straight to the menu even though there is a game in there, like it won't recognize it at all. It sounds like its it spinning in there but nothing initially happens

I took it apart last night, cleaned the whole system. Took out the drive (Samsung X00603-005) cleaned the laser and lens, put back together and still nothing. Now I'm guessing I will need to replace the optical lens and laser part, but do I need to replace the whole drive and if I do or just the part, will that compromise me being able to play my emulators on the disc that they come on. Or with a modded xbox, does the drive have nothing to do with it? Can anyone give any advice? Thanks!
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Modded Orignial Xbox not recognizing disc

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Did you update XBMC, change the skin or anything like that recently?

It is not clear from the description exactly what is happening but from the sound of it you had it set up to play disc media automatically and now that is not happening. Could you or someone else accidentally have turned that off?

Check those settings.

However they should still launch manually from Programs.