Can a modchip flash onboard bios?

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
GoTeamScotch

Can a modchip flash onboard bios?

Post by GoTeamScotch »

I have a couple motherboards that I don't have the eeprom for and I want to bring them back from the dead. I have a Duo X2 Lite chip and an X3 (with front bank switch). Is possible to use a modchip to flash the onboard bios? Can I boot a locked Xbox with the chip enabled and then disable it after it's booted up and flash the onboard bios chip?

If not, I'll get an eeprom reader. I'm overdue for one anyways. :lol:
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
GoTeamScotch

Re: Can a modchip flash onboard bios?

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Oops, hold the phone. I might have a case of the dumb. I can use the modchip to get the eeprom off the locked motherboard then just lock a new drive with the salvaged key and go through the tsop flashing process.

Disregard! I'd delete this post but hey maybe someday someone will find this after googling it or something. I swear it wasn't just to get my post count up!
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
Nextelhalo

Re: Can a modchip flash onboard bios?

Post by Nextelhalo »

Good post and your right this should help folks out.

If the bios on the chip is non-retail you can throw in the unlocked drive and use Slayer's or something similar to just lock it to the machine (might use the disc to restore the drive to retail just to be sure the TSOP goes smoothly). From there remove your chip TSOP your heart away without having to mess with EEPROM keys.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched