Careful with Slayer's disc.

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
sweatpants

Careful with Slayer's disc.

Post by sweatpants »

Tried to install xbmc using Slayer's disc. It ended up formatting my whole "movies" folder. I'm pretty sure I just chose to install xbmc.
sweatpants

Re: Careful with Slayer's disc.

Post by sweatpants »

wow.. just wow.

I flipped the bios switch on my duox2 modchip back to xecuter bios from evox, and lo and behold, the movie-folder is back with the original files!!! what the hell. I even launched ftp on windows when in evox bios mode, and it showed e:/movies/ folder empty! So actually the bios has information about the data on your hard drive? this blew my mind.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

You switched to a bios that wasn’t setup for F takes all space or F 123GB G takes remaining space.

So what happens is the bios is hardcoded to specific offsets, you cut your partition because you used the wrong bios.

Lucky you didn’t start adding stuff to it, you would have borked it.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
sweatpants

Post by sweatpants »

Yes it was actually F that had the Movies folder in it... I was wondering why I had no free space left when using the wrong bios. Almost reformatted the hdd! phew.

Are you saying if I add stuff to F while on the "wrong" bios it will ruin the stuff on the F on the correct bios?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

sweatpants wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:35 am Yes it was actually F that had the Movies folder in it... I was wondering why I had no free space left when using the wrong bios. Almost reformatted the hdd! phew.

Are you saying if I add stuff to F while on the "wrong" bios it will ruin the stuff on the F on the correct bios?
I don’t know as I ah e never done it, but there is a content table that’s kept on the drive and you start adding stuff it may overwrite other stuff that the content table points to.

Better safe than sorry.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5