XBOX to HDMI solution

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
LordRayken

XBOX to HDMI solution

Post by LordRayken »

Hey all,

I am looking for an actual good way to get the original Xbox to HDMI. I have a very cheap component to HDMI converter that simply isn't doing the picture justice. Does anyone have any experience modding or using scalers/converters? Ideally I would just want an actual HDMI port modded into the console.
apachehavok

Re: XBOX to HDMI solution

Post by apachehavok »

I pop it into my AVR. Denon 910w. Any composite or componant signal gets converted to HDMI and upresed to 4k! I did direct comparisons against plugging it into my TV's componant input and the AVR looks MUCH MUCH better!

Its the best thing you can do for old consoles on a new TV
LordRayken

Post by LordRayken »

I had a Pioneer VSX-1131 but the HDMI board failed on me and I downgraded to a cheaper Onkyo, and I think it's component only does 480i. I wish I could find a list of receivers that did 5.1, had some HDMI ,and also did 1080i component.
apachehavok

Post by apachehavok »

The Denon 910W.

One of the ONLY receivers that can take 480i 480p 720p 1080i and 1080p over component and output it as such OR upconvert it to 1080p HDMI! Plug all the consoles into the receiver, one HDMI to the TV.

Done
LordRayken

Post by LordRayken »

Is this the Denon S910W
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

LordRayken wrote:Hey all,

I am looking for an actual good way to get the original Xbox to HDMI. I have a very cheap component to HDMI converter that simply isn't doing the picture justice. Does anyone have any experience modding or using scalers/converters? Ideally I would just want an actual HDMI port modded into the console.
What converter do you have?
LordRayken

Post by LordRayken »

I no longer have one. I was using a crap 20 dollar one off Amazon.