Usb windows hard drive setup and 1.6 video patches

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
apachehavok

Usb windows hard drive setup and 1.6 video patches

Post by apachehavok »

Hey everyone!

I had another topic and got some amazing help but didn't want to veer too off course in that thread. I have 2 remaining questions.

1.6 Crysital softmod

1 - The windows based USB hard drive tool to setup a new hard drive. I have my key NULLED AND have my eeprom backed up. Has anyone gotten the windows based tool to work? No matter what I do, no matter what type of enclosure or USB port, when I hit (1) to scan drives it refuses to show any of my usb drives.

2 - Rocky mad an amazing script for fixing problem games playing at 480p on 1.6 consoles. Im pretty sure I got it 100% working but my issue is that when trying to launch it, I get 4 option boxes but they are all empty.... I went to the second option down and it auto scanned and patched the games which is fine, just missing the button UI.. Any ideas? Also, what files are patched? As in, if I want to then backup those games as "patched versions" can I just backup the specific files it modded?

Thanks a ton!!!
Rocky5

Re: Usb windows hard drive setup and 1.6 video patches

Post by Rocky5 »

1. Can’t really help you here, I used a generic or 360 transfer kit with my HDD’s and it’s plug them in and run the xboxhd.bat. Make sure windows can see and installed the drivers for your adaptor.
( it asks for admin writes as it’s required to get the drives )

2. The script uses custom font values that’s why they are blank, if used with XBMC4Gamers it will show the text. As for backing them up as patched games you can do that, just look in the games folder and you will see new xbe files eg...
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
apachehavok

Post by apachehavok »

Hey Rocky!

Yeah, so I have about 4x different USB drives installed on my machine and it sees none of them. When you say the 360 transfer kit which one do you mean? Do you need to have the files setup (C and E and all that with the eeprom) in order for it to even detect drives? Ill try on my laptop when I get home, see if it gets any different results

Also I am using XBMC for gamers! Works great but same issue. The UI looks a tad different then the video you made but still no txt in the boxes when selecting the video patch scripts.
apachehavok

Post by apachehavok »

Rocky5 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:56 pm 1. Can’t really help you here, I used a generic or 360 transfer kit with my HDD’s and it’s plug them in and run the xboxhd.bat. Make sure windows can see and installed the drivers for your adaptor.
( it asks for admin writes as it’s required to get the drives )

2. The script uses custom font values that’s why they are blank, if used with XBMC4Gamers it will show the text. As for backing them up as patched games you can do that, just look in the games folder and you will see new xbe files eg...
Ok so a little update. I was able to throw the same HDD with the USB enclosure on my laptop (USB3 ports) and it found the drive perfectly!!! The major difference is the desktop where it didnt work was windows 10 and the laptop is windows 7. Does it not work in windows 10 maybe? Both 64bit.

Also, I verified that I have the latest XBMC for gamers and 1.6 video patcher scripts installed but still no text on the options menu. Ideas??

Thanks Rocky!!
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

WIndows 10 64bit user here and no issues at all.

You must be using the profiles skin, the skin that boots to the games menu, you the. Press Black > Settings > skin > scripts > XBMC4Gamers Extras > pick the script.

If it’s still not showing I will need to take a look.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
apachehavok

Post by apachehavok »

Rocky5 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:01 pm WIndows 10 64bit user here and no issues at all.

You must be using the profiles skin, the skin that boots to the games menu, you the. Press Black > Settings > skin > scripts > XBMC4Gamers Extras > pick the script.

Yeah must by my mobo then..... Odd. Well at least the laptop works!!

So, I am just using your latest xbmc4gamers as the default install. It loads up and you just select the user. All I did was DL it from the github, pop it into apps, launch it from the xbox, setup a profile.

Those were my exact steps. Still no txt display on the scripts. The banner shows up mind you! That works just fine, but when you select it, it has 4 options with no txt.

Thanks!
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

apachehavok wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:52 pm
Rocky5 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:01 pm WIndows 10 64bit user here and no issues at all.

So, I am just using your latest xbmc4gamers as the default install. It loads up and you just select the user. All I did was DL it from the github, pop it into apps, launch it from the xbox, setup a profile.

Those were my exact steps. Still no txt display on the scripts. The banner shows up mind you! That works just fine, but when you select it, it has 4 options with no txt.

Thanks!
Just checked and the fonts are correct and it should show fine :?, you did pick the new profile you created?
( it done the setup and reloaded XBMC )

I fact it will work with any of the skins included.

The image included below was taken right after it done the initial setup.
Attachments
E87E67A3-0A47-4371-A226-7B1FD39EF308.jpeg
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
apachehavok

Post by apachehavok »

Rocky5 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:14 pm
apachehavok wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:52 pm

Thanks!
Just checked and the fonts are correct and it should show fine :?, you did pick the new profile you created?
( it done the setup and reloaded XBMC )

I fact it will work with any of the skins included.

The image included below was taken right after it done the initial setup.
Let me shoot a pic when I get home. Just to verify, is there a fonts file I can verify is in there?