Doubts!

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
PhobosDevourer

Doubts!

Post by PhobosDevourer »

Hello there!
I have purchased another box, however it has tiny scuffs on the top and was wondering fif teres a way to make it look like new without painting it or something.
teres also a rusty spot on the side of the inside "cage" is there any way to remove that?
Also has anyone opened one of those DVD Wireless remotes? I need to change the buttons on one from a spare one I have.
Are there any discs like Hexen's that come with Chimp prenstalled?
thanks in advice! :mrgreen:
Snap, I forgot, can anyone tell me wich one is the clock cap?
its got a Samsung drive and Its made in mexico...
EvoluterX

Re: Doubts!

Post by EvoluterX »

Clock cap is located at C7G3, in the lower left of the motherboard.

-rust inside cage
I'm not sure if this is a right thing to do - try to sand the whole cage down, and then paint it in whatever color you desire (black, white or gray usually look pretty good.).

For Chimp - is this an softmodded Xbox or a stock one? If it's not a 1.6, then solder the TSOP points, install SID5 through hotswap (I personally did this on every Xbox I had - it's the most cheap way and it usually works fine. Requires you to have an old PC with IDE though, and it's recommended for it to be AMD (I had luck with Intel as well though) and then flash the BIOS. Watch out for the TSOP size - 256KB for 1.2 - 1.5 machines and 512KB/1MB for 1.0 and 1.1 machines. Then, after you get your desired BIOS to boot up, run AID 4.5 and select your dash from the Modchip One-Click install menu. You can use UnleashX or XBMC, your choice.

As for the top casing - I don't know if you can remove them. You could try using some black paint though. Someone here actually did it and it looks like it was out of the factory.
Xbox v1.0 - stock drive,softmodded
Xbox v1.0 - ST380211A,EvoX M8+
Xbox v1.4 crystal - ST316025ACE,iND-BIOS 5004
PhobosDevourer

Post by PhobosDevourer »

Thanks a lot man, but my plans for that box completely changed, I ended up dismantling my 1.6 to do a case swap back to stock.
Might try to do a black cage during the weekend tho thatd be sick.
So that one had a bad DVD drive and was overall a pain so Ill use it for spares or to watch movies from a hard drive.
thanks for the help tho!
Actually Im thinking plasti dip may help a lot to the case so I might try that someday, thanks a lot for your reply tho!
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Plasti dip works like a champ
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched