Ludvig's first softmod, and other mods

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Rocky5

Re: Ludvig's first softmod, and other mods

Post by Rocky5 »

Use coreFTP or just type the partition letter into the remote address bar in FileZilla.

To install XBMC just ftp over the XBMC folder to C, E or F and my softmod will boot it.

It’s a conflict with newer versions of UX and FileZilla/WinSPC.

Also update to v1.1.2 and null your hdd key.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Rocky5 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:40 pm Use coreFTP or just type the partition letter into the remote address bar in FileZilla.

To install XBMC just ftp over the XBMC folder to C, E or F and my softmod will boot it.

I'll try core then :)

That may explain why i had trouble transfering games too another xbox when i launched to UX. Ended up just doing it in XBMC4XBOX.

Does XBMC automaticly become the default boot?

I will try to update the soft mod tool, easy to do? What are the benefits of nulling hdd key? Easier to swap drives. Any precautions i am adviced to do before doing it?
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

LudviG wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:04 am
Rocky5 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:40 pm Use coreFTP or just type the partition letter into the remote address bar in FileZilla.

I'll try core then :)

That may explain why i had trouble transfering games too another xbox when i launched to UX. Ended up just doing it in XBMC4XBOX.

Does XBMC automaticly become the default boot?

yes XBMC will become the default loaded dashboard

I will try to update the soft mod tool, easy to do? What are the benefits of nulling hdd key? Easier to swap drives. Any precautions i am adviced to do before doing it?

yes it’s easy to do, I made it as simple as I can. Also the benefits of nulling the key is what you state, easier to swap drive ( all Xbox with a nulled key can use the same drive ) also no need for the eeprom backup since the key is just all zeros. Also there is no downside to doing it, I take every precaution when doing the nulling and there are multiple fallbacks so you won’t have any issues.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Finally back at xbox nerding. Just so i dont make any mistakes, how to update the softmod tool?

If nulling the HDD key, how to put in another drive?
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

LudviG wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:11 pm Finally back at xbox nerding. Just so i dont make any mistakes, how to update the softmod tool?

If nulling the HDD key, how to put in another drive?
I figured out how to update :)
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

The purpose of nulling the key is so you can build a new drive or fix one you unlocked without needing the systems eeprom. Also means you can swap drive between systems that have a nulled key or sell upgraded drives to softmodded folk and all they need to do is null there key and drop the drive in.

You can use your PC to make a new drive and lock it to a nulled key, or chimp on the Xbox.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
ochentay4

Post by ochentay4 »

Rocky5 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:25 am The purpose of nulling the key is so you can build a new drive or fix one you unlocked without needing the systems eeprom. Also means you can swap drive between systems that have a nulled key or sell upgraded drives to softmodded folk and all they need to do is null there key and drop the drive in.

You can use your PC to make a new drive and lock it to a nulled key, or chimp on the Xbox.
Whats the exact procedure to null a key from MB so I can keep using the hard drive that still has original key?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

ochentay4 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:33 pm
Rocky5 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:25 am The purpose of nulling the key is so you can build a new drive or fix one you unlocked without needing the systems eeprom. Also means you can swap drive between systems that have a nulled key or sell upgraded drives to softmodded folk and all they need to do is null there key and drop the drive in.

Whats the exact procedure to null a key from MB so I can keep using the hard drive that still has original key?
Confused? what do you mean exactly?

Do not null the key if you have an already upgraded drive if using v1.1.2 of my softmod.

Use v1.1.3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzRN8P ... =drive_web

When you null the key it will keep the original eeprom from your system, so you can use that one to unlock any other drive you had before the upgraded one.

Basically you will need to unlock any drive you have used before nulling the key or you won’t be able to use them in the system as the key will have changed.
( you can then use chimp or a PC to lock these unlocked drive to a nulled key )

If that’s not what you meant let me know.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5