Two Consoles, Two Errors

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
AintNoThang

Two Consoles, Two Errors

Post by AintNoThang »

Hey there gang!

I did a ton of Google searched and used the search function here, but wasn't able to find these topics from an updated source - most of the sources I found were from ~8 years ago. My apologies if this has been asked dozens of times before.

I picked up a pair of Xboxes from a secondhand store and setup to throw a quick softmod on it, but when I load up the first box I get an error that the console is trying to connect to Xbox Live, then it states Xbox Live is not responding. I suspect that somebody screwed up a previous softmod, and that's why it's doing it. I've tried swapping out disk drives for ones that I know work, but this darn thing won't boot a single game. I specifically tried Splinter Cell for the exploit and Halo 2 to see if maybe it would get the updated dash. No go. Are there any steps I can try to fix this, or is a hotswap method going to be the only way to get this darn thing unlocked and fixed?

For the second one, the same thing I suspect happened with a buggered mod, as the console throws an error code "16." I'm hoping for a simple fix for the two of these, as I have never messed around with using a mod chip on any mods I've done, and I've done well over 100 in the past years, but never have I come across these errors before. Thank you all greatly for any input or advice you could provide.
mrmajikbus45

Re: Two Consoles, Two Errors

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

For the first one, you are going to chip this one. Sorry.

Second one...

Code: Select all

https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27&p=37121&hilit=error+codes#p37121
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
AintNoThang

Post by AintNoThang »

Excellent, thanks!

Would a hotswap possibly be a solution? I have an old PC with IDE and, since I've never done one, I feel like it might be a cool experience.
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

As stated in the error code listing, one option is to repair it by hotswapping. Use a modern softmod or BIOS on a chip afterward to repair the damage permanently.

Happy usage!
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!