Question using Chimp for TSOP to Softmod HDD

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
immune

Question using Chimp for TSOP to Softmod HDD

Post by immune »

Hello,

i´m successfully using Chimp to clone my hdd for my tsoped consoles. Now i want to clone the "MotherHDD" again but this time for running in a softmodded box.

Is there a way to clone C+E partition without formatting F partition ? I only want to Clone the softmod from a orignal 8gb drive to a another one and keep the stuff on the f partition ?
Is this possible or is there a workaround?

Thank you
Rocky5

Re: Question using Chimp for TSOP to Softmod HDD

Post by Rocky5 »

Download Chimp 261812 and use the Fix error 16 option in the slave drive options.

This will only clone the C partition and not touch anything else, you will then need to copy over the E partition content manually via FTP.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
immune

Post by immune »

Thank you very much. Just have to wait another 15 hours for my cloning to complete again cause i messed up last time :D

EDIT: When i choose the fix error 16 parameter, will chimp ask to lock the drive automatically after cloning the C partition or will i have to do it manually?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

immune wrote:Thank you very much. Just have to wait another 15 hours for my cloning to complete again cause i messed up last time :D

EDIT: When i choose the fix error 16 parameter, will chimp ask to lock the drive automatically after cloning the C partition or will i have to do it manually?
Manually
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5