Help with Softmodded xbox!

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Kiaro

Help with Softmodded xbox!

Post by Kiaro »

Ok, so I had an original xbox when I was younger (I am only 16) my dad bought it for me for christmas and it was modded, I used it alot and it had ; xbox2dvd, xbmc, unleashx auto installer deluxe 3,SID 4 neogenesis and some other memory files named "fce" now I did not install this and the things I have listed are all still on the HDD and some other things now it used to have the xbox 360 blade dashboard. I just turned it on and it is on the original xbox dashboard with memory, settings music xbox live. How would I revert back to xbmc dashboard? I believe this happened before but I don't recall how it was fixed. (preferably without losing any data on the HDD) If needed I do have experience with a Jtag and etc.

If somebody can help quick and fast I might be willing to pay about 10-15 USD paypal I can post pictures aswell.
oemuser

Re: Help with Softmodded xbox!

Post by oemuser »

Kiaro,

I'm a new poster to XBMC4XBox... and while I've been messing with the original XBox (soft and hardware modded) I still consider myself a newbie.
So... with all that being said, consider my input neanderthal at best and empathetic at the least. :-)

I think I might now what you're up against, because I've had this happen before as well. It happens when one of my kids accidentally chooses XBOX LIVE from the system.

The only way I've been able to get it back is to re-softmod the XB by using the "Mech Assault" savegame hack.

I found another link to 3 other games that might help you: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/218495

Or this link: http://lifehacker.com/299809/transform- ... dia-center

I don't know if that helps or not... but atleast now you know what probably happened to the Softmod - someone at sometime tried to access XBOX LIVE from your modded system. When it hit the net to connect to LIVE, you got an update that set your system back to default.

Sorry I can't offer more tips than these links.

-OEM
Kiaro

Post by Kiaro »

I think I can sorta rule this out because it has never been connected to Xbox Live :P but I think I will try this out as I have Mech Assault! Thank you for your help it is appreciated! :)

Mod edit: Removed unnecessary full quote of previous post.
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

First of all if its been unplugged for a while it will have lost the clock settings which makes the softmod not work, leave it plugged in for a while, reset the date/time and then reboot and the softmod should work unless some files were deleted. Now depending on the softmod used it may boot into the softmod using the power or eject button .
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

bigkidoz wrote:First of all if its been unplugged for a while it will have lost the clock settings which makes the softmod not work
Only if it's an old, poor softmod! :)

@Kiaro:

Connecting to Live has nothing to do with selecting the option to connect to Live from a game.

A couple of questions:
1. Can you boot a rescue disc (e.g. HeXEn, Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc, burn to DVD-R at 4x or slower)?
2. Is your Mechassault one of the exploitable copies?
3. If your Mechassault is exploitable, when you run it do you see a linux gamesave? If you do, what happens when you load it?

If your Mechassault isn't exploitable then you will need to buy an exploitable game, and Splinter Cell is the obvious choice because all copies are exploitable. This post describes how you install a clean softmod with Splinter Cell.
Kiaro

Post by Kiaro »

EDIT:
Seem to have it all fixed up when I boot off of eject goes into unleashx (without hexens rescue disk in ofc) and when I boot off the normal boot button I go into XBMC, seems like this guy put in a pretty nice harddrive has 200gbs
I will be chipping a new xbox 1 I got from a friend for free soon and i'll most likely post a thread with pics because I might do some Hardware mods because this guy I used to know said he has some overclocking methods that don't fry motherboards? anyways thanks for all the help everybody!