RIP XBOX-Scene; Need help with USB XBOXHDM

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
CamelWide

RIP XBOX-Scene; Need help with USB XBOXHDM

Post by CamelWide »

I bought an xbox yesterday hoping to be able to easily return to forums.xbox-scene.com and its all dead and gone.

OK, so I look online to find a good tutorial similar OR a copy of the old original XBOXHDM *2* method, and itys not out there.

All these sites keep sticking to using game exploits and I dont do all that. I dont have the games, Im not buying the games, because the XBOXHDM 2 USB system is available and works. I used it plenty before, but its been 6 or 7 years since Ive done it, so I need some help.

I ran Ndure and built the package for XBOXHDM, but I cannot remember how to put it all together. I remeber there being a lot of drag and dropping of folders here and there.

I tried to boot the USB with just the SLAX and it brought back the memory of seeing slax, but not how to find the commands to execute XBOXHDM.

I am not going to be buying anything to mod this system. Someone out there still knows how to do this with NDURE and XBOXHDM 2.2 like the old days.

The forums online are worthless, s I decided to ask. Ive been up all night reading and looking at crap ass youtube videos where they wind up using xplorer OR the game save exploits.

Thanks for reading and I hope sokmeone will help me.
CamelWide

Re: RIP XBOX-Scene; Need help with USB XBOXHDM

Post by CamelWide »

Anyone alive out there? XBOX is dead, long live the XBOX?
CamelWide

Post by CamelWide »

I will also accept replies of other forums where people still mod.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Look in my sig, download the "XBHDM Build.zip" extract the zip you will have a "XBHDM Build" folder and inside that folder a Linux folder and an instruction.txt file.

Basically overwrite the Linux folder that comes with XBHDM, stick your eeprom.bin in the correct folder and build the ISO like normal.
( not sure how the v2.2 works never used it, but I'm assuming you then write the ISO to the USB pen )

Now create a new hdd from scratch and it will install the files from the C and E folders. When done lock the drive to your eeprom.bin done.

You can also use "XboxHDM USB 23 Beta 2" this allows you to build new drive via a USB to SATA or IDE adaptors, so no booting into Linux.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Tosnic

Post by Tosnic »

Hi.

I tried XBOXHDM 1.9 and 2.2 with my new PC, but none worked, mainly because IDE sucks. I could not get the DVD drive and the HDD detected. After trying and failng at Chimp I gave 2.3usb a go. First it did not work, either: The xboxhd.bat interface always returned to the drive selection after selecting the drive. I figured that I could check out the stderr.txt in the xboxhdm root folder. It read:

Code: Select all

vvfat hdm\ chs 1024,16,63
qemu-system-i386w.exe: -hdb fat:hdm\: Directory does not fit in FAT16 (capacity 516.06 MB)
So the folder with the xbox partitions was too large. It seems you have very little space available for your C (and E) partitions. Hence you should only copy the most important files (e.g. dashboard) onto the new XBox HDD.