how to tranfer data faster to hdd?

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
pulpo

how to tranfer data faster to hdd?

Post by pulpo »

hallo to you all,

i prepare every month +/- 5 a 10 xbox's with 1 or 2tb hard drives with coinops and xbox games on it.
i was wondering if there was a faster way than ftp al my games en app's to each xbox drive.
all my xbox's are either tsop or chipped, so no need for locking hdd.
can i clone hdd, and if yes witch software or hardware do you suggest.
have 600 xbox games and 10000 coinops games witch take about 2 day's of ftping from pc to xbox filzila with max 10 transfer a time and use unleashx ass dash.
also want to use other dvd drive than stock drive's, with and how can be made compatible/

thank in advance for your replay's.
psyko_chewbacca

Re: how to tranfer data faster to hdd?

Post by psyko_chewbacca »

Offline HDD cloner could do the trick. You just need to make sure the unit handles only raw data and does not try to read the file system because most likely, FATX isn't supported!

Since there is no software to my knowledge that can resize FATX partitions without losing data, you'll only be able to clone drives of the same size. You will not be able to clone the content of a 1TB HDD onto a 2TB and resize the partitions afterward. To resize, you will need to format them.

Here's a cheap unit I linked as an example. It can work without a computer.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D61P3EC/re ... B00G6TG5YE
professor_jonny

Re: how to tranfer data faster to hdd?

Post by professor_jonny »

Hopefully in time the developer for fatxplorer will update his integration driver to support little endian xtaf (fatx) for the xbox, this would be by far the best method if it should happen.

It is on his list of things to do but don't hold your breath waiting :-)