SATA Adaptor Compatibility thread

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Aussieold

Re: SATA Adaptor Compatibility thread

Post by Aussieold »

Thanks for that mate you were spot on tried some new discs and they booted fine.
Iv set the partitions to 972 with xbpartitioner 1.1 and tried installing xbmc with the "one click install for chipped xboxes" on the aid 4.5 disc. When it boots it loads the xbmc logo and then the screen goes black if I press up or down I can hear the click as If it's scrolling thru the menu but I can't see it. Found a little more info now I can get the disc to boot its a v1.6, when I ran bios checker 5.0 if comes up with

Chip type - homebrew (bf52)
And all of the bioses come back as unknown

When I boot the Xbox Evo x is on the Xbox boot screen

What would be the best way to check what chip it's running?
And what have u found is the best for flashing the bios?

Thanks mate
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

Mikeosoft wrote:Hey just an update! I got dealextreme customer service aware of what they did, they are mailing me 3 replacement units, should be here in 45+ days :geek: oh well at least they are rectifying the situation.

Also since there was no way to wait that long i decided to try a closer quicker solution. I purchased this unit with 2 day shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-PATA- ... 2c63c69fbb

I believe this is the same adaptor professor was talking about. It came yesterday and after installing it I had some intermittent issues with error 13 and sometimes it would boot but ask me to format the drive, which it would freeze. So I figured it was working fine, just needed a better IDE cable, an 80 wire one like suggested.

Went to local fry's computer store and bought an 80 wire ide cable and BAM Success!

Thanks Professor Jimmy for the help.

I will post back when I receive the dealextreme replacements and comment on if they actually sent me the right revision of boards.
sadly i ordered the sabrient adapter BEFORE i saw your post. :x I had problems that folks didnt respond to in a thread i made recently. I could clone to the drive in chimp but all partitions were blank in slayers and i would get a scrambled error 13 message. Turns out once i got the 80 wire ide cable as you suggested i was able to see my partitions and things are working. Thanks. :D

P.S. I hope more of you get those cables as they are highly recommended. Now if i could find a way to get all of my stuff from my old drive to my new drive without having to FTP the old stuff to a pc and then to a pc to a new drive. Any suggestions?
fabz

Post by fabz »

Hello,
I'm totally new in Xbox Modding, but other console is okay for me (PS2/PS3 ...). I decide to use an old Xbox found in the bin, working and with a new case (last one on Ebay : XCM Red new), seems like new :ugeek:

I try to find the adaptator that work for a xbox 1.1. The one listed here :
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0652522427
cannot be sold for me, I'm French and live in France. :(

It's in order to use the Splinter Cell exploit and after install a bigger Hard drive (WD Green 2 To)

Many thanks in advance for your help !
blighty

Post by blighty »

there is a lot of different sellers on ebay selling those, Just PM one of them (or all of them ) and ask them to send it to you.

they don't bite :D
captainsensation wrote: Now if i could find a way to get all of my stuff from my old drive to my new drive without having to FTP the old stuff to a pc and then to a pc to a new drive. Any suggestions?
If you have more than 1 xbox ( does anyone out there only have 1? ) plop the drive on top of the other drive with say a game box in between and ftp from 1 xbox straight to the next.
Last edited by blighty on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabz

Post by fabz »

blighty wrote:there is a lot of different sellers on ebay selling those, Just PM one of them (or all of them ) and ask them to send it to you.

they don't bite :D
In fact, none of them respond to me ... so i have bought this one :
StarTech.com IDE2SAT

I'm waiting for it ... Hope ^^
blighty

Post by blighty »

Jeez that one is expensive!

The one i used cost me £3 delivered.

They might take a while to get back to you as some of those sellers deal with hundreds of people a day and are normal people with normal lives and prob an xbox they would rather play on than return emails, Lol.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320916558332? ... 1439.l2649

£3.45 with free delivery... works a treat... HD Tune Pro shows almost no speed difference running through the adapter too. 8-)
fabz

Post by fabz »

Geeba wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320916558332? ... 1439.l2649

£3.45 with free delivery... works a treat... HD Tune Pro shows almost no speed difference running through the adapter too. 8-)
O yeah ! it looks like the one with the 3M rubber on it. Many thanks, i will take it to be safe :D
fabz

Post by fabz »

Hi,

Some feedbacks about the Startek adaptator. I successfully created the partition with Xbox HD Maker 1.9 with my eeprom, but once i try to boot the xbox : error 21 all the time or error 07 when slave .... :?

With a IDE Disk, and the same ISO of Xbox HD Maker, it boot fine without any problems ...

My HDD is a WD20EARX 2 Tb (green) / I can't say if it's the drive or the adaptator ...
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Advanced format drive? is it set to 512k?
fabz

Post by fabz »

Geeba wrote:Advanced format drive? is it set to 512k?
Haa good idea ! i haven't set the jumper (Enhanced compatibility mode under xp) i think it's the correct fonction for cluster size ? I think i must rebuild the hdd after setting the jumper ... :)
fabz

Post by fabz »

No luck, same result with the jumper ... Rebuild after wipping and still the same error code. The drive is lock, but :|
fabz

Post by fabz »

I have just tried with a ST3150041AS (1500G Seagate) and it is locked and restore with the same way ... Still not working with error 11 !
On other forums, my sata adaptator is reported that it is compatible with xbox modding. Can't find a solution ? sometimes when i search for a new drive or adaptator, it is reported to work and others says no ... really mess !
Any help will be great, many days without luck :|

My spec :
Xbox 1.2.
Softmoded with splinter cell exploit.
Copy via ftp all my xbox hdd (from original).
Try with replacing xbox shell with a new copy downloaded, instead of existing one (same version, latest)
eeprom backup ok.
New IDE 80pin cable.
Startec IDE2SAT adaptator.
XBOXhdmaker 1.9 ISO working with IDE drive (80Gb).
tested with WD20EARX and ST3150041AS unlock/lock ok.
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

I found it interesting that my IDE to SATA adapter works mint with my Seagate Barracuda 2TB in my X3CE v1.4 Xbox, but in my X3CE v1.1 Xbox with the same adapter and HDD it has the spin up time issue and needs an external power source :|
fabz

Post by fabz »

r32crazy01 wrote:I found it interesting that my IDE to SATA adapter works mint with my Seagate Barracuda 2TB in my X3CE v1.4 Xbox, but in my X3CE v1.1 Xbox with the same adapter and HDD it has the spin up time issue and needs an external power source :|
? Did you found a trick for it ? I will try tsop flash with mine today, :oops:
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Try a 40pin IDE cable? Some of the adapters I've tried don't like 80 pin cables..... The one I linked to earlier in the thread works with 80 pin and they are really cheap. ;)
fabz

Post by fabz »

In fact with TSOP flahsing, with the evox M8+, boot delay is not as long, as original for me i think, and no more error at startup !
No more external power, my sata adaptator is compatile only with TSOP flashed ;)
Cissoubaka

Post by Cissoubaka »

Geeba wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320916558332? ... 1439.l2649

I have bought this one, and i have some problem during boot.
I use it with a samsung spinpoint 1Tb.

When I turn on the xbox, I hear the hd drive power on, but nothing happen, I was few second 5~10s then
turn it off, turn it on
and it's working.

Edit: it's a problem with my dvd drive that it's getting old and have trouble to read dvd.
mrbooble

Post by mrbooble »

Hi

I have ordered the Plexus RXD-629 as linked further up to see if that improves my issue.

I have posted in seperate post, my 1.6 softmodded xbox is flashing more times than not with errors 13 and 21 and only occasionally boots to xbmx (1 in 20 attempts). I have a barracude 2tb on a Hexin adapter.

I'm considering try the drive and the plexus adapter in my other xbox which is hard modded with an X2 chip.

I'm a bit new to all this. Can I install the M8 Evo Bios onto my X2 chip? what is the best tool / tutorial to look at for this?

thanks
janders

IDE - Sata Adapter!

Post by janders »

Have any of You guys tried this one on the Xbox?
http://dx.com/p/jm20330-2-5-3-5-sata-to ... ack-241466
- Janders