Modchip Install Help

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
NeMesiS

Modchip Install Help

Post by NeMesiS »

Over the past week I TSOP flashed about 6 consoles where I was able to recover a couple of modchips.
I have a v1.0 console that has a dead hard drive so I thought I would install a aladdin modchip.
Then lock a temp drive to the console, remove modchip, TSOP flash it and unlock the drive.

Below you can see the aladdin modchip that I recovered from another v1.0 console.
I installed it in a way so it could be easily removed. Alternate d0 from underneath MB was used.
When I try and power up the console it doesn't seem that the modchip is actually working
I just keep getting the original BIOS booting up. I tried grounding BT & d0 without success.

I've always TSOP flashed my consoles, It's been many years since I last installed a modchip.
But still I've double and triple checked my work and am clueless as to what I've done wrong...

xman

Re: Modchip Install Help

Post by xman »

NeMesiS wrote:
I tried grounding BT & d0 without success.
Ground the BT to the modchip's ground and just check the wire you are using as ground is actually ground. Of coarse the DO needs to be attached to the mother board as well. You should be seeing an LED lighting on the Aladdin if it actually working by the way.
NeMesiS

Post by NeMesiS »

I dunno where I went wrong with the aladdins but when i used duo-x2 i had it worked fine...
NeMesiS

Post by NeMesiS »

One of the aladdins i got has had a bad flash, my fault of course...
Since I dont have a programmer, is it possible to hotswap the modchips around and reflash?