help getting slayer to boot .

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
colette2k

help getting slayer to boot .

Post by colette2k »

I got a used xbox it has an Aladdin xt plus chip installed but when I boot the xbox up it has the evo x logo top left on screen and then boots up the xbox dash ,
I have download slayer 2.7 rar and extracted to iso with anytolso and then burned to dvd - r . but when I but the disc in I get a message -your xbox cant recognize this disc - Not sure what is wrong if anyone knows or can help would make me very happy.
GoTeamScotch

Re: help getting slayer to boot .

Post by GoTeamScotch »

First, are you sure your DVD drive can read burned discs?

Samsung Drives:
Reads all CD-R/RW
Reads all DVD-R/RW
Will not read DVD+R/RW

Thomson Drives:
Will not read CD-R
Will only read SOME (generally expensive media) CD-RW
Reads all DVD-R/RW
Reads all DVD+R/RW

Philips Drives:
Will not read CD-R
Will read SOME (generally expensive media) CD-RW
Reads all DVD-R/RW
Does not read DVD+R/RW
Source

Second, it's possible that you burned the disc wrong. Xbox discs read backwards compared to regular discs so if you're making your own ISO and burning it then it won't work. Use the PC program "Quix" to create an Xbox compatible ISO and then burn it to a blank disc.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
colette2k

Post by colette2k »

hi thanks for the info! I think mine is a Thomson drive - xbox version 1.0 , and I was using dvd-r which seem ok to use .
I think your second option might be right because the file was download in rar and I then used a program called AnyTolSo which converts it to ISO but I didn't know about the Xbox compatible ISO, so I think you where referring to a program called Qwix 1.01, I will give it a try not got any more dvd -r left but I do have a DVD - rw mini do you know if mini dvd -rw will work?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Not sure about the mini , have you not got any blank CDs ? That's what I always use .

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk