[Xbox 1.4] G partition unavailable in XBMC

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
KrisKenesei

[Xbox 1.4] G partition unavailable in XBMC

Post by KrisKenesei »

Hi there,

First of all, thank you in advance for dealing with my problem with this "ancient" console. :)

I am running a 1.4 Xbox with Evox M7 BIOS. I cannot seem to find a modchip installed in the unit, so I'm assuming it was soldered and then TSOP-ed. I used the newest version of Chimp to clone the stock HDD onto new 250GB one. It succeeded, and locked the drive as well without any problems. I booted into Junk's excellent installer DVD (http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbo ... 2015-full/), formatted E and then did a fresh install of XBMC 3.5. My problem is just the usual: F is capped at 130Gb and G is unavailable for all applications EXCEPT for Chimp, which correctly identifies F and G both as ~100Gb partitions. I installed from the installer DVD using an option that pre-enables the G partition for XBMC, and also used Chimp to enable G and use it to take the remaining HDD space. I cannot use XBpartitioner due to having M7 as the BIOS - I tried TSOP-ing to M8+, but it gets stuck at erasing, so that's not an option it seems. Any advice on this is very welcome. Is there a way to claim this lost G partition by any means? :)

Cheers.
MrMajst3r

Re: [Xbox 1.4] G partition unavailable in XBMC

Post by MrMajst3r »

You have to change bios to newer one, which supports LBA48 and F+G partitions.
Most of 1.4 Xboxes have Winbond TSOP. It cannot be flashed with EvolutionX flasher. Burn a DVD with HeXen Installer, it has a tool (Gentoox) for flashing Winbond TSOP.
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbo ... -disc-usa/
Last edited by MrMajst3r on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KrisKenesei

Re: [Xbox 1.4] G partition unavailable in XBMC

Post by KrisKenesei »

First of all, thank you very much. I tried using Gentoox to install M8+ with F+G support. It failed as I expected, but then I checked the mobo wiring and whoever had soldered it originally, decided to remove one of the two connections after flashing it with M7 for some unknown reason. I fetched my old soldering iron and finished the job.. Now it correctly recognises both partitions with their correct sizes. So my advice to anyone facing this issue is, don't hesitate to replace the BIOS. :)
Thanks a lot again!