Build HDD/softmod HDD

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
AZImmortal

Re: Build HDD/softmod HDD

Post by AZImmortal »

He already has his EEPROM and the drive he's having problems with is his 2TB drive, so he doesn't need to resort to using a modchip or EEPROM reader.
SquirlKiller

Post by SquirlKiller »

I'm pretty sure my HDD is fine because i moved a 350mb TV episode (after formating it to NTFS) and watched it with no problems. However, I just softmodded a spare 10GB drive from a dead xbox (unlocked before with the dead xbox's eeprom) and put it in my current xbox and it WORKED FINE :x I think my box just doesnt like my HDD.

Could it be my adapter? I dont think so because xboxhdm didnt show any errors with moving the C and ndure files while softmodding
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Damn I really need to pay more attention to these posts! I'd say there's a good chance your adaptor could be the problem, it's a well know fact that some adaptors just don't play nicely with the xbox and hunting down a working one can be tricky. I bought some a few months ago that xman recommended, I've not tried them out myself yet but could sell you one of those if you want?
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

I've had some adapters that work fine with xboxhdm but my softmodded xboxes don't like them. Of the adapters which are readily available I would give the rxd 629a a go.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Welcome albatross, a really nice useful first post. Have you tried these adapters yourself?
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

Thanks - I've got three softmoded xboxes using sata adapters, of these one of them is using the rxd 629a & it seems to perform just as well as the dealextreme (rev 3.1) adapters I have installed in the other two xboxes. The hdd's are only 500gb though, I know darknior over at emuxtras has used one with a 2tb hdd.
I read on the old forums that someone was using the adapters, can't remember who it was though !
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

I use the same adapter in my 2tb hdd with a tsop flashed bios but it seems to be the softmodded consoles that give the problems with sata adapters.

The key is to get ones that have the capacitors on them so that they hold charge while they are powering up.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.