Can someone post a slimbox tutorial?

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
updawg

Can someone post a slimbox tutorial?

Post by updawg »

Apparently the old site had an awesome guide on how to build a "slimbox" and I would like to try that in the near future. Anyone care to post such a topic? Thanks in advanced!
Nextelhalo

Re: Can someone post a slimbox tutorial?

Post by Nextelhalo »

Hey Updawg, i'll do my best to get you a complete run down. I just recently cut a case down and havent touched it since so i'll take some pictures for you and what not.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
RoyalX

Post by RoyalX »

Thanks Nextelhalo

I am also interested in a tutorial of the slim.
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Nextelhalo wrote:Hey Updawg, i'll do my best to get you a complete run down. I just recently cut a case down and havent touched it since so i'll take some pictures for you and what not.
Funny i'm just seeing this now after i already re loaded my diy guide :)
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

No worries brother, i do think it would be a good idea for you and I to merge the tutorials a bit, then let Xman pick us apart for any errors :lol:
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
xman

Post by xman »

Nextelhalo wrote:No worries brother, i do think it would be a good idea for you and I to merge the tutorials a bit, then let Xman pick us apart for any errors :lol:
It was you Nex that got me interested in modding and it was BKO's slim mod tutorial on the old forum that got me into slimming. I don't think it would be right for the student to check the teachers work. My slims now are mere variations of what you guys showed me. Variations towards ease and speed rather that correcting errors. I do Flat Tops to cut down on the time required getting the lid lower edge correct. I trim the top off the DVD and HDD caddys to cut down on time getting the cut legs aligning correctly. I mod the original fan housing to suit the 60mm fan so the slim fan "clips" into place rather that having to attach it. Lets just say if it wasn't for you two guys, I still wouldn't be modding. ;)