Xbox Power button and Eject don't work after a while?

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
zastin17

Xbox Power button and Eject don't work after a while?

Post by zastin17 »

So here is the issue im having. I have a original xbox. either 1.1 or 1.0. The power buttons and eject buttons are acting really strange. Sometimes the power button works and sometimes it does not. The eject button rarly works. When the eject button does not work if I press eject allot eventually it wikll register I pressed eject. But not all the time. I found out that the clock capacitor was bad and was leaking. It was not bulging but there where sighs of corrosion. I removed the capacitor. I also noticed that the power button traces where corroded so I cleaned it up and traced repaired all 4 traces. I am still having problems. Sometimes the eject button turns off the xbox and sometimes it does nothing, and sometimes it works. The power button sometimes does not work either. What else can I do?? I noticed if I unplug the Xbox for a while it works but the problems still occur after being on for a while. What else can I try?
MrMajst3r

Re: Xbox Power button and Eject don't work after a while?

Post by MrMajst3r »

If you have a spare Xbox - replace the power/eject board.
If not, you need a multimeter. Measure resistance of switches when pressed - it should drop to ~1 ohm or less.
zastin17

Post by zastin17 »

MrMajst3r wrote:If you have a spare Xbox - replace the power/eject board.
If not, you need a multimeter. Measure resistance of switches when pressed - it should drop to ~1 ohm or less.
I tested the board and its fine.
xman

Post by xman »

Trace corrosion on the mother board is what your issue is. Heaps written about it in this forum in fact I think it is this modding section. A bit tricky to repair but once done, problem gone.