Problem no display and no sound

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Mikedub

Problem no display and no sound

Post by Mikedub »

Hello fellow friends I am having some issues with my soft modded Xbox. Now i know for a fact it powers up, it blinks 3 green light times, fans start getting louder, and then it stops and goes to regular mode. The problem that is at hand is i get no sound and no video at all. now i do know the last thing i was in was config magic and locked and unlocked eeprom because i am trying to upgrade my Hdd. I have took the time and watched a few videos and sadly nothing. any help would be awesome. I do have a copy of my epprom but when i look at the size it only tells me 1 kb?

Specs: region:Ntsc region 1,
samsung dvd_rom
hhd: seagate st310014a
original controller as well
hawsey

Re: Problem no display and no sound

Post by hawsey »

I would check all cables , push them out in again , also the video cable , if it was just a messed up hard drive I'm sure you would get some sort of error code on screen .
Do you have the original HDD ? Or is that what is in .
Mikedub

Re: Problem no display and no sound

Post by Mikedub »

Cables are plug in in correctly and tried using original cables and s cable . If it helps the Xbox blinks 4 times before a idle green light. I tried looking up the error code but couldn't find a result. I did have unleash on there not sure which one since the xbox was given to me.