xboxhdm23usb

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
fluore

Re: xboxhdm23usb

Post by fluore »

Hi, I'm having a problem using this software and need some help.

I'm using the Fideco USB adapter from amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-FIDECO-C ... TGUIQ6YMIO

I'm using XboxHDM 2.3 Beta 4.

I try to unlock my harddrive and I get the error messages below regarding my "Device NOT compatible with SAT type" and "Unable to read USB Device ID":

I don't understand what this error is. Doing some google searches, it seems like it is an issue with the USB adapter itself not being recognized? It seems to recognize the HDD though, so I don't know for sure. Is the USB adapter I have not compatible with this program?

Looking through this thread, I did see people with kind of similar issues and some mention of using a program called usbview.exe to get the idVendor and idProduct keys. Is this a way to force compatibility? I ran the program and these were the results:

idVendor: 0x1F75
idProduct: 0x0611

Now what do I do?

Also, side question: this program has two options for unlocking HDDs. I can either "4. Unlock hard drive and disable lock" or "6. Unlock only (don't disable lock". Which one should I use?

I want to unlock my harddrive and swap the eeprom.bin with another that I have.

GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

professor_jonny wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:12 am As far as I'm aware he is not currently, all atempts have failed so far but he is still going to look into it and has another idea, windows has some limitations with pass throughh of scsi commands,it has problems with the likes of retriving smata data over usb.
This was based off a conversion on Reddit we had in January.

And I might have misspoke. Eaton said
I'll have another look at it during my next review
So I should have said it's something he's still looking into, not "he has begun work implementing it". The tests he had me do were positive so hopefully that "looking into" leads to something. The USB adapter I have works and does allow unlocking Xbox HDD's from Windows 10 using smartctl commands.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
MrMajst3r

Post by MrMajst3r »

Please delete.
sL1pKn07

Post by sL1pKn07 »

Hi

i think i get fucked. ive remove the lock the device in softmod mode (with BDI) (i forget disable the virtual eeprom and the virtual C drive in a very old installation (2009 more or less)). now i get error 06

i have a eeprom backup and i also have the numerical key in a document

now when try to unlock/lock again the device with the original key, smartctl comes with the beta 4 show this error:

~~~
ATA SECURITY UNLOCK failed: Non-SMART commands not implemented
~~~

my adapters is old fashioned Trekstor Datastation maxi t.u kit IDE/USB like this one https://repuestosdeinformatica.com/disc ... -80gb.html (only chasis)
also i need chage the parameter `SAT` to `USBCYPRESS`. but not sucess

also tested with my linux and the program hdparm with '--user-master u --security-disable' but seems my kernel dont have the option CONFIG_IDE_TASK_IOCTL enabled

any other method to unlock the device? seatools or something similar?

greetings

EDIT 04b4:6830 (0.01) not supported :/ https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Unsu ... SB-Devices
sL1pKn07

Post by sL1pKn07 »

fixed YEAAAAA

used a usb compatible smartmontool docker (Freecom Hard Drive Dock Pro (chipset JMicron JM20337 0x152d:0x2338)

the xboxhdm23usb beta 4 not works for me for unlock/disable the security key (doing nothing. th output of console set as OK but the recheck the unit always keep it blocked (sec4)),

but the program HDAT2 under freedos usb dongle works in a old fashioned native motherboard with IDE port. the usb dock not works with this program (smart error about not support)

power off/power on cycles for check if is all ok (check if stay unlocked and disabled)

now in the dock and with xboxhdm23usb beta 4 , the lock process work ok with my eeprom copy. mount in the Xbox and all works ok again!

i'm happy again

greetings
birchpig

Post by birchpig »

Hello all,
Need some help. I have a WD 1tb hooked up to an insignia toaster dock. The drive appears and the lock status option works but I cant get option 2 to work. i saw that 700mb is the max size and my file is 500ish mb. i noticed several years ago someone had the same issue on beta 2 and the solution was to use beta 3. I'm on beta 4. right now the drive is empty and formatted ntfs E:/ is the format or partition layout important. I'm pulling my hair out and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Thank you for the help and thank you for the hard work on this usb version. I can only imagine the linux version would be worse.
mad4xbox

Post by mad4xbox »

Hello everyone,
I would like to ask some help with an issue using xboxhd.
I've tryed to attach my seagate 1TB drive with an external USB adapter, but when I run the partition creation it takes more than one hour to get to this point:
https://imgur.com/a/V8VWQzT
and then stuck there forever.

Any suggestion?
Thank you in advance.