If you want, here are the download links:Xbox Hard Drive Maker for Windows
Use it to lock/unlock your Xbox HDD. You can also use it to temporarily unlock it without disabling security (not all drives will work this way). Put your "eeprom.bin" file in this folder.
You can also run XboxHD inside Qemu to prepare the drive. Just make sure to put your files in "HDD_files/C/" and "HDD_files/E/". You may want to start from "Clean_C_and_E_Files_for_Xbox" and add your custom dashboard and/or applications.
By default, the program only detects external media. If your drive is detected by Windows, but not by the program, you can toggle "Safe Mode" OFF. This will show all the drives. Please double check what drive you're selecting, as you may accidentally wipe your computer. You have been warned.
Beta4 by Rapper_skull adds the following:
- Show all external drives, not only USB ones
- Safe Mode toggle to show all drives
- Removed all external scripts and unified the code
- Select 32/64-bit smartctl automatically
- Try to use smartctl's "-d sat" option and fallback to "auto" if the drive does not behave correctly
- Add option to temporarily unlock the HDD without disabling security (not compatible with all drives)
- Update smartctl to version 7.2 (2020-12-30)
- Scan for drives before every action. No need to connect them before opening the program.
- Uniform GUI size
- Other GUI changes
Please note that, contrary to Beta3, no files for C and E are provided in the package. Just add what you want/need.
Some notes about drives and adapters/enclosures/docks:
- Some combinations of drives and adapters will hang for a long time on the "Probing device type" message. Don't worry, it's fine.
- Not all adapters behave nicely with locked HDDs. If your PC can't detect your locked HDD, please try another adapter.
- As a corollary, lock your drive only when you're sure you've finished. The moment you power it down, it will lock and your adapter may not read it anymore.
- Not all drives will lock. Using "-d sat" improves compatibility, but some drives simply don't support the security commands.
- Some times operations will fail for apparently no reason. If you got an error locking/unlocking your drive, please try one more time. If it fails again, power cycle it and retry.
https://mega.nz/file/RptCWRyJ#DIjQzlQ_0 ... 7hz3OEavMI
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qdrULp ... sp=sharing
I also made a patch to port security functionalities to newer versions of smartmontools, based on the work of TheMuso:
https://mega.nz/file/ZhlwwbTK#XDKekpbSc ... cFP4IytuFs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kz45Cy ... sp=sharing