xboxhdm23usb

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
ldc9341

Re: xboxhdm23usb

Post by ldc9341 »

Oh okay, thanks for clarifying
Some posts earlier made it seem like I could change the bat and use IDE on motherboard.

Also just thought I would mention that the Rosewill RX35 IDE enclosure is not compatible. I had to dig up an old AGPtek adapter to get it to work.

Thanks for the help,
rootbeerpanic

Post by rootbeerpanic »

First off, thank you so much for this!

Second off, I'm having an issue... I'm trying to unlock my old xbox hard drive to either A) get my old saves off of it or B) replace the eeprom with the eeprom for my new xbox. Issue is I don't have the eeprom for the old xbox hard drive. But it's a Western Digital so I want to try that WDCWDC password.

So I'm trying to get to somewhere were I can access ATAPWD . I am using JRocky's version with the menus and after I launch xboxhd it keeps taking me to this menu where I can't select the "4) --Boot to DOS with HD unlock tools--" option that every forum post I've found is directing me too. Any ideas what I am doing wrong here? Thanks again!
carpenter940

Post by carpenter940 »

DELETE... I figured out my problem.
Last edited by carpenter940 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
carpenter940

Post by carpenter940 »

not2fly4awg wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 pm I did just that on a 500GB USB external drive. It stuck on this screen for the past 15 minutes. Any ideas?
Capture.PNG
Mine took about 45 minutes to finish that
carpenter940

Post by carpenter940 »

rorysl wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:36 am Hi all, ...
However, when I choose option 2. Launch Xboxhdm it brings me to a screen that displays:

Menu = Launch xboxhdm
1. PHYSICALDRIVE1 - WDC WD50 00AAJB-00YRAO USB Device
or press "Enter" to go back.
Enter Choice:

If I hit enter I'm brought back to the main menu, if I hit 1 then enter I'm brought back to the main menu...

I'm sure it's probably something super simple I'm missing here ... any tips?...
I had the same problem. I got past it by not copying my C and E drive files to the folders. I only used the C files that were provided with the unofficial beta 3 package.
link42586

Post by link42586 »

I need to know how to get files off A drive. I need my eeprom.bin from an unlocked drive and I can see it on the drive from the browser thing. But idk how to copy it to another drive so I can remake A drive and upgrade it to a bigger hdd. It also won't let me relock the drive as it says it can't find the eeprom.bin. But I assure u it's on the drive that i'm trying to lock...not in the programs files. Basically how do I copy something from qemu the virtual machine thing to my host machine.
Gurrman375

Post by Gurrman375 »

I just made a 32 bit version of xboxhdm23usb for non 64 bit computers.
https://mega.nz/#!AwgEwQKY!jaKxh1cDq91Q ... _oI8Oc0fvY
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Can I transfer games to an Xbox formatted HDD using this utility?

GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

XC-3730C wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:38 am Can I transfer games to an Xbox formatted HDD using this utility?
That's actually a good question. I tried figuring that out myself but couldn't get it. I'm sure it's possible somehow. I tried modifying the launch parameters when xboxhdm calls qemu and tried making a virtual drive/partition of a folder on my PC and mounting that as a path within xboxhdm but I couldn't get it to work.

Perhaps Rocky or ldotsfan can chime in on that.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

I was under th impression it is not a good idea if the drive is beyond a specific size or cluster size, so most only use it for setting up softmods etc...

eaton zevare is on the final stages of making fatxplorer work on the original xbox and in thim it will be the fastest method to transfer games etc...
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

professor_jonny wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:23 am I was under th impression it is not a good idea if the drive is beyond a specific size or cluster size, so most only use it for setting up softmods etc...

eaton zevare is on the final stages of making fatxplorer work on the original xbox and in thim it will be the fastest method to transfer games etc...
Damn that is good news. I wanna set up another 2TB drive, and FTP transferring is slow in comparison to directly writing to the HDD via SATA or USB 3.0 (I get about qqmbps tops with FTP via FlashFXP).

I hope severe releases that fatxplorer with OG Xbox compatibility soon!
freeze

Post by freeze »

Anyone knows how to get to the "unlockhd" command?

I have a linux xbox CD which had this function to unlock password protected disks, but that doesn't work with USB IDE.

I tried this xboxhdm23usb and cannot get to "unlockhd". The unlock function in this tool uses smartctl.exe and searches for eeprom.bin. But I'm trying to unlock an HDD with just password. Is that possible?
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

you can unlock with just a password you could get a dummy eeprom dump and pop in your hdd key? or just use a pc tool?
0xEBJC

Post by 0xEBJC »

*** !!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU USE THESE SCRIPTS WRONG AND MESS SOMETHING UP !!! ***

I had a bunch of errors on lock and unlock drive with messages "Please specify device type" "use -d option to specify drive type" I found that I needed to specify "-d SAT" option to get it to work. SAT = SCSI to ATA Translation.

Here's the 3 bat scripts (xboxhd.bat, lockhdd.bat, unlockhdd.bat) updated / fixed, and thank you to Idotsfan as the original author to put this together.

README:
From privilaged command prompt
run:

xboxhd.bat

*** !!! NOTE: Safeguards have been removed following the example posted by GoTeamScotch !!! ***
This will allow operations on all drives, not just USB connected drives, INCLUDING YOUR OS DRIVE!

Updated: Lock and Unlock scripts now have options
to specify drive type:
ATA
SCSI
SAT (SCSI to ATA Translation)

If you are having drive unrecognized errors,
" Please specify device type / option -d "
most likely you need the SAT option.
Last edited by 0xEBJC on Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0xEBJC

Post by 0xEBJC »

xboxhd.bat

Code: Select all

:: XboxHD by ldotsfan
:: Modifications by Rocky5 to make this batch file to look pretty
:: Portions Copyright by Rocky5 Forums & JCRocky5 Twitter 2016

@Echo off & SetLocal EnableDelayedExpansion & mode con:cols=56 lines=20 & Title Xbox Hard Drive Maker for Windows
goto getadminwrites

:start
cd %~dp0

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:: Version Number & Colour
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
For /f "tokens=2,* delims==" %%a in ('findstr /b /i /l "Version" "Config.ini"') do Set "Version=%%a"
For /f "tokens=2,* delims==" %%a in ('findstr /b /i /l "Colour" "Config.ini"') do Color %%a
For /f "tokens=2,* delims==" %%a in ('findstr /b /i /l "MenuDelay" "Config.ini"') do Set "Delay=%%a"

:: GUI Elements.
Set "GUI_Element_1=echo ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ"
Set "GUI_Element_2=Echo ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ by ldotsfan"
Set "GUI_Element_3=Echo ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ GUI by Rocky5"
Set "GUI_Element_4=echo ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ Version %Version%"
Set "GUI_Element_5=echo ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ Error"
Set "GUI_Element_6=echo ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ"

:: Get list of USB Devices.
for /f "tokens=2 delims=\\.\" %%b in ('wmic diskdrive get model ^, name ^') do echo %%b>>tmp
if exist "tmp" (
For /f "tokens=1 delims=" %%a in ('findstr /b /i /l "PHYSICALDRIVE0" "tmp"') do Set "drive0=%%a"
for /f "tokens=1 delims=\\.\" %%b in ('wmic diskdrive get model ^, name ^| find /i "PHYSICALDRIVE0"') do set "drivename0=%%b"
For /f "tokens=1 delims=" %%a in ('findstr /b /i /l "PHYSICALDRIVE1" "tmp"') do Set "drive1=%%a"
for /f "tokens=1 delims=\\.\" %%b in ('wmic diskdrive get model ^, name ^| find /i "PHYSICALDRIVE1"') do set "drivename1=%%b"
For /f "tokens=1 delims=" %%a in ('findstr /b /i /l "PHYSICALDRIVE2" "tmp"') do Set "drive2=%%a"
for /f "tokens=1 delims=\\.\" %%b in ('wmic diskdrive get model ^, name ^| find /i "PHYSICALDRIVE2"') do set "drivename2=%%b"
For /f "tokens=1 delims=" %%a in ('findstr /b /i /l "PHYSICALDRIVE3" "tmp"') do Set "drive3=%%a"
for /f "tokens=1 delims=\\.\" %%b in ('wmic diskdrive get model ^, name ^| find /i "PHYSICALDRIVE3"') do set "drivename3=%%b"
For /f "tokens=1 delims=" %%a in ('findstr /b /i /l "PHYSICALDRIVE4" "tmp"') do Set "drive4=%%a"
for /f "tokens=1 delims=\\.\" %%b in ('wmic diskdrive get model ^, name ^| find /i "PHYSICALDRIVE4"') do set "drivename4=%%b"
For /f "tokens=1 delims=" %%a in ('findstr /b /i /l "PHYSICALDRIVE5" "tmp"') do Set "drive5=%%a"
for /f "tokens=1 delims=\\.\" %%b in ('wmic diskdrive get model ^, name ^| find /i "PHYSICALDRIVE5"') do set "drivename5=%%b"
del /q tmp
)

:Splash :D
CLS & echo: & echo: & echo: & echo: & echo: & echo:
%GUI_Element_1%
echo  Xbox Hard Drive Maker for Windows
echo:
%GUI_Element_2%
%GUI_Element_3%
%GUI_Element_4%
timeout /t %Delay% >NUL

:menu
mode con:cols=56 lines=20
CLS & echo: & echo: & echo: & echo:
echo  Main Menu
echo:
set "entry="
echo  1. List drives connected
echo  2. Launch xboxhdm
echo  3. Lock hard drive
echo  4. Unlock hard drive
echo:
echo  or press "Enter" to exit
echo:
set /p entry=Enter Choice:
if "%entry%"=="1" cls & Echo: & Echo: & call listdrives.bat & timeout /t 30 & goto menu
if "%entry%"=="2" goto xboxhd
if "%entry%"=="3" goto lockhd
if "%entry%"=="4" goto unlockhd
if "%entry%"=="" exit
echo Error: Incorrect entry.
timeout /t %Delay%
goto menu

:xboxhd
CLS & echo: & echo: & echo:
echo:
echo  Menu ^= Launch xboxhdm
echo:
set "entry="
if "%drive0%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE0  " echo  0. PHYSICALDRIVE0 - %drivename0%
if "%drive1%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE1  " echo  1. PHYSICALDRIVE1 - %drivename1%
if "%drive2%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE2  " echo  2. PHYSICALDRIVE2 - %drivename2%
if "%drive3%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE3  " echo  3. PHYSICALDRIVE3 - %drivename3%
if "%drive4%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE4  " echo  4. PHYSICALDRIVE4 - %drivename4%
if "%drive5%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE5  " echo  5. PHYSICALDRIVE5 - %drivename5%
echo:
echo  or press "Enter" to go back.
echo:
if "%drive0%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE0  " if "%entry%"=="0" call launch.bat 0 & goto menu
if "%drive0%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE0  " if "%entry%"=="0rw" call launchrw.bat 0 & goto menu
if "%drive1%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE1  " if "%entry%"=="1" call launch.bat 1 & goto menu
if "%drive1%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE1  " if "%entry%"=="1rw" call launchrw.bat 1 & goto menu
if "%drive2%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE2  " if "%entry%"=="2" call launch.bat 2 & goto menu
if "%drive2%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE2  " if "%entry%"=="2rw" call launchrw.bat 2 & goto menu
if "%drive3%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE3  " if "%entry%"=="3" call launch.bat 3 & goto menu
if "%drive3%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE3  " if "%entry%"=="3rw" call launchrw.bat 3 & goto menu
if "%drive4%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE4  " if "%entry%"=="4" call launch.bat 4 & goto menu
if "%drive4%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE4  " if "%entry%"=="4rw" call launchrw.bat 4 & goto menu
if "%drive5%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE5  " if "%entry%"=="5" call launch.bat 5 & goto menu
if "%drive5%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE5  " if "%entry%"=="5rw" call launchrw.bat 5 & goto menu
if "%entry%"=="" goto menu
timeout /t %Delay% 
goto xboxhd

:lockhd
echo:
echo  Menu ^= Lock xbox hard drive
echo:
set "entry="
echo:
echo:
echo  ** If you get uknown drive errors / Please specify device type
echo     select drive number # with type [ata, scsi, sat]
echo     Example: 1ata, or 2scsi
echo:
if "%drive0%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE0  " if "%entry%"=="0" call lockhdd.bat a none & goto menu
if "%drive0%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE0  " if "%entry%"=="0ata" call lockhdd.bat a ata & goto menu
if "%drive0%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE0  " if "%entry%"=="0scsi" call lockhdd.bat a scsi & goto menu
if "%drive0%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE0  " if "%entry%"=="0sat" call lockhdd.bat a sat & goto menu
if "%drive1%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE1  " if "%entry%"=="1" call lockhdd.bat b none & goto menu
if "%drive1%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE1  " if "%entry%"=="1ata" call lockhdd.bat b ata & goto menu
if "%drive1%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE1  " if "%entry%"=="1scsi" call lockhdd.bat b scsi & goto menu
if "%drive1%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE1  " if "%entry%"=="1sat" call lockhdd.bat b sat & goto menu
if "%drive2%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE2  " if "%entry%"=="2" call lockhdd.bat c none & goto menu
if "%drive2%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE2  " if "%entry%"=="2ata" call lockhdd.bat c ata & goto menu
if "%drive2%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE2  " if "%entry%"=="2scsi" call lockhdd.bat c scsi & goto menu
if "%drive2%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE2  " if "%entry%"=="2sat" call lockhdd.bat c sat & goto menu
if "%drive3%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE3  " if "%entry%"=="3" call lockhdd.bat d none & goto menu
if "%drive3%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE3  " if "%entry%"=="3ata" call lockhdd.bat d ata & goto menu
if "%drive3%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE3  " if "%entry%"=="3scsi" call lockhdd.bat d scsi & goto menu
if "%drive3%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE3  " if "%entry%"=="3sat" call lockhdd.bat d sat & goto menu
if "%drive4%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE4  " if "%entry%"=="4" call lockhdd.bat e none & goto menu
if "%drive4%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE4  " if "%entry%"=="4ata" call lockhdd.bat e ata & goto menu
if "%drive4%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE4  " if "%entry%"=="4scsi" call lockhdd.bat e scsi & goto menu
if "%drive4%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE4  " if "%entry%"=="4sat" call lockhdd.bat e sat & goto menu
if "%drive5%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE5  " if "%entry%"=="5" call lockhdd.bat f none & goto menu
if "%drive5%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE5  " if "%entry%"=="5ata" call lockhdd.bat f ata & goto menu
if "%drive5%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE5  " if "%entry%"=="5scsi" call lockhdd.bat f scsi & goto menu
if "%drive5%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE5  " if "%entry%"=="5sat" call lockhdd.bat f sat & goto menu
timeout /t %Delay% 
goto lockhd

:unlockhd
echo:
echo  Menu ^= Unlock xbox hard drive
echo:
set "entry="
echo:
echo:
echo  ** If you get uknown drive errors / Please specify device type
echo     select drive number # with type [ata, scsi, sat]
echo     Example: 1ata, or 2scsi
echo:
if "%drive0%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE0  " if "%entry%"=="0" call unlockhdd.bat a none & goto menu
if "%drive0%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE0  " if "%entry%"=="0ata" call unlockhdd.bat a ata & goto menu
if "%drive0%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE0  " if "%entry%"=="0scsi" call unlockhdd.bat a scsi & goto menu
if "%drive0%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE0  " if "%entry%"=="0sat" call unlockhdd.bat a sat & goto menu
if "%drive1%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE1  " if "%entry%"=="1" call unlockhdd.bat b none & goto menu
if "%drive1%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE1  " if "%entry%"=="1ata" call unlockhdd.bat b ata & goto menu
if "%drive1%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE1  " if "%entry%"=="1scsi" call unlockhdd.bat b scsi & goto menu
if "%drive1%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE1  " if "%entry%"=="1sat" call unlockhdd.bat b sat & goto menu
if "%drive2%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE2  " if "%entry%"=="2" call unlockhdd.bat c none & goto menu
if "%drive2%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE2  " if "%entry%"=="2ata" call unlockhdd.bat c ata & goto menu
if "%drive2%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE2  " if "%entry%"=="2scsi" call unlockhdd.bat c scsi & goto menu
if "%drive2%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE2  " if "%entry%"=="2sat" call unlockhdd.bat c sat & goto menu
if "%drive3%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE3  " if "%entry%"=="3" call unlockhdd.bat d none & goto menu
if "%drive3%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE3  " if "%entry%"=="3ata" call unlockhdd.bat d ata & goto menu
if "%drive3%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE3  " if "%entry%"=="3scsi" call unlockhdd.bat d scsi & goto menu
if "%drive3%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE3  " if "%entry%"=="3sat" call unlockhdd.bat d sat & goto menu
if "%drive4%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE4  " if "%entry%"=="4" call unlockhdd.bat e none & goto menu
if "%drive4%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE4  " if "%entry%"=="4ata" call unlockhdd.bat e ata & goto menu
if "%drive4%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE4  " if "%entry%"=="4scsi" call unlockhdd.bat e scsi & goto menu
if "%drive4%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE4  " if "%entry%"=="4sat" call unlockhdd.bat e sat & goto menu
if "%drive5%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE5  " if "%entry%"=="5" call unlockhdd.bat f none & goto menu
if "%drive5%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE5  " if "%entry%"=="5ata" call unlockhdd.bat f ata & goto menu
if "%drive5%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE5  " if "%entry%"=="5scsi" call unlockhdd.bat f scsi & goto menu
if "%drive5%"=="PHYSICALDRIVE5  " if "%entry%"=="5sat" call unlockhdd.bat f sat & goto menu
timeout /t %Delay% 
goto unlockhd

:getadminwrites
REM  --> Check for permissions
    IF "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%" EQU "amd64" (
>nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\config\system"
) ELSE (
>nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\system"
)
REM --> If error flag set, we do not have admin.
if '%errorlevel%' NEQ '0' (
    echo Requesting administrative privileges...
    goto UACPrompt
) else ( goto gotAdmin )
:UACPrompt
    echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    set params = %*:"=""
    echo UAC.ShellExecute "cmd.exe", "/c ""%~s0"" %params%", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    exit /B
:gotAdmin
    pushd "%CD%"
    CD /D "%~dp0"
   goto start
0xEBJC

Post by 0xEBJC »

lockhdd.bat

@Echo off & SetLocal EnableDelayedExpansion & mode con:cols=80 lines=35 

echo %1 %2

if "%2"=="none" ( 
	smartctl.exe -g security /dev/sd%1
	smartctl.exe -s security-eeprom-setpass,eeprom.bin /dev/sd%1
)

if "%2"=="ata"  (
	smartctl.exe -d ata -g security /dev/sd%1
	smartctl.exe -d ata -s security-eeprom-setpass,eeprom.bin /dev/sd%1
)

if "%2"=="scsi" ( 
	smartctl.exe -d scsi -g security /dev/sd%1
	smartctl.exe -d scsi -s security-eeprom-setpass,eeprom.bin /dev/sd%1
)

if "%2"=="sat"  (
	smartctl.exe -d sat -g security /dev/sd%1
	smartctl.exe -d sat -s security-eeprom-setpass,eeprom.bin /dev/sd%1
)

echo Press any key to continue

pause > nul
0xEBJC

Post by 0xEBJC »

unlockhdd.bat

@Echo off & SetLocal EnableDelayedExpansion & mode con:cols=80 lines=35 

if "%2"=="none" (
	smartctl.exe -g security /dev/sd%1
	smartctl.exe -s security-eeprom-unlock,eeprom.bin /dev/sd%1
	smartctl.exe -s security-eeprom-disable,eeprom.bin /dev/sd%1
)

if "%2"=="ata" (
	smartctl.exe -d ata -g security /dev/sd%1
	smartctl.exe -d ata -s security-eeprom-unlock,eeprom.bin /dev/sd%1
	smartctl.exe -d ata -s security-eeprom-disable,eeprom.bin /dev/sd%1
)

if "%2"=="scsi" (
	smartctl.exe -d scsi -g security /dev/sd%1
	smartctl.exe -d scsi -s security-eeprom-unlock,eeprom.bin /dev/sd%1
	smartctl.exe -d scsi -s security-eeprom-disable,eeprom.bin /dev/sd%1
)

if "%2"=="sat" (
	smartctl.exe -d sat -g security /dev/sd%1
	smartctl.exe -d sat -s security-eeprom-unlock,eeprom.bin /dev/sd%1
	smartctl.exe -d sat -s security-eeprom-disable,eeprom.bin /dev/sd%1
)

echo Press any key to continue

pause > nul
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

0xEBJC wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:36 pm I had a bunch of errors on lock and unlock drive with messages "Please specify device type" "use -d option to specify drive type" I found that I needed to specify "-d SAT" option to get it to work. SAT = SCSI to ATA Translation.

Here's the 3 bat scripts (xboxhd.bat, lockhdd.bat, unlockhdd.bat) updated / fixed, and thank you to Idotsfan as the original author to put this together.
1. Did you modify the batch files? If not, then you don't need to include them.
2. Are you sure your drive supports ATA locking? Not all drives do.
3. How are hooking up your drive to your PC? Through a USB adapter or directly to your motherboard (SATA/IDE)? Not all USB drive adapters present themselves to your PC in a way that allows ATA security commands to be passed through, meaning it won't be possible to lock your drive while using that adapter.

P.s. Try to avoid posting multiple replies in a row please. Combine them into one message in the future.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
locutus2000

Post by locutus2000 »

I was trying to mount an additional HDD to XboxHDM so that I could copy files from one drive to the new xbox drive. Has anyone tried it? I was going through launchrw.bat and added the following:

qemu-system-i386w.exe -kernel kernel -initrd initrd.gz -hdd \\.\PhysicalDrive%4 ntfs:rw:..\HDD_files2\-hdb fat:rw:..\HDD_files\ -hda \\.\PhysicalDrive%1 -append "load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 ramdisk_size=24000 rw root=/dev/ram pci=biosirq vga=0x317"
That didn't work, anyone have any tips?
Infamous Ob

Post by Infamous Ob »

Idotsfan,

I'm trying to build or clone a new WD 1TB HDD on my Laptop using an IDE to SATA adapter. Everything is going well with the cmd promts and running xboxhdm23usb-Beta3 but my new HDD isn't quite being created properly. I tried using my C & E folders from my current modded HDD but I noticed you said to keep the files at 700MB. Any tips?

-InfamousOB