Cheap And Easy Blue Tooth Audio.

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
xman

Re: Cheap And Easy Blue Tooth Audio.

Post by xman »

Yep, looks exactly the same. It has the all important "TX" meaning transmitter on it. They also make one that looks the same that has "RX" on it meaning receiver. You can use the "RX" device on sound systems that don't have bluetooth and they work fine as well as a receiver. I use the TX on the Xbox and the RX on my farm's car radio and that setup works very good. The RX on that radio works well with my laptop's bluetooth adapter equally well.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Fantastic, ok im gonna get the TX to connect to my blutooth speakers thanks for the info and your help :)
xman

Post by xman »

Yep, just letting you and others know you don't need a bluetooth receiver to get it to work, any receiver that has sound inputs, preferably 3.5mm but any inputs will do, you will just need a suitable adapter to get the input into your receiver. I use the 3.5mm cable supplied with the "RX" unit for my car radio because my car radio does have a 3.5mm input socket . The "TX" unit also has 3.5mm and using a twin female RCA to Female 3.5mm adapter, you can plug the unit into the Xbox's original AVI leads sound output leads. My car radio has USB and that is what I plug the "RX" unit into to power the unit although this can be any 5vDC supply, a USB wallwart will do just fine. Both the "TX" and "RX" bluetooth adapters I have found incredibly versatile for making non BlueTooth devices into BlueTooth ones cheaply and easierly.