Modding Tutorials

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Adult Swimmer

Modding Tutorials

Post by Adult Swimmer »

I like modding a lot even though I am not the best at it( work in progress ). I have found some tutorials around the net and would like it if we could post those here on this site but unfortunately my balls would "fall off in my sleep" ( you should be laughing ). Would it be bad karma or ?ever to remake tutorials of our own on future mod projects for the purpose of building a 1stopmod section that would be the most complete or widest range of mods on the net....4xbox1.... Let the conversation begin!!!!!!!!!!!! We could start with a list of all known mods then pass them out as an assignment until the list was compete. I just don't want to stumble on anyone's feet or ditch anyone's credits which are greatly deserved....................your thought plz!!!
Always root for the team of the guy who supplied the keg!!!!!
xman

Re: Modding Tutorials

Post by xman »

I did a lot of mod tutorials on the old site and would be glad to redo them here but the 3 photo limit to each post means you need heaps of posts by yourself one after the other to complete the tutorial and a good tutorial consists of many photos as it is much easier to show how you do it rather than trying to write how you do it. Feed back is essential to keep the author interested in continuing with the tutorial on a particular mod because many modded machines are actually a collection of mods, not just what you see from the outside of the finished product. Also to do a good tutorial of a heavily modded machine was taking me hours in front of the computer after hours of building and designing the machine and while I believe they were read and viewed many times, not much feedback came back so the last several machines I modded where never posted although I continued to discuss them on the forum. I'm sure there were other modders that felt the same as I did in the end. Maybe that can change in the new forum but only time will tell.
Dawscaus

Post by Dawscaus »

I am new to the xbox and wanting to do some mods. I would greatly appreciate modding tutorials.
xman

Post by xman »

Dawscaus wrote:I am new to the xbox and wanting to do some mods. I would greatly appreciate modding tutorials.
Th tutorials will start to appear in the Modding Section. I know of at least 2 being done by other members as we speak. Is there anything in particular anyone is after?.
fbpearce

Post by fbpearce »

Here are some tutorials I have made recently.

How to soft mod, install XBMC, update XBMC, and install a bigger hard drive
http://youtu.be/XlF8UDedjYc

How to fix a sticky DVD drive
http://youtu.be/Og2sk4ZnSX0
How to remove the xbox jewel for use on a clear case

http://youtu.be/nKa_12AELJg
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Nice tutorials there, i especially like the sticking DVD drive one, i've got a ton of those and will give that a shot.
Loving the music in the Jewel removal video, although i dont agree with that method completely since you bend
and ruin the lid but hey, if you dont want the spare parts that does seem to be a good way to do it. Thanks for these.

Nex
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
SPPV

Post by SPPV »

Ive got lots of video tuts on my channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/Lef0rt0v0?feature=mhee) Feel free to add any to the site, same with any we have over at Hq. More the merrier I always say