Xecuter 3 chip please help!

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Andyccfc

Xecuter 3 chip please help!

Post by Andyccfc »

Hi all
I've recently dug out my old Xbox to try use as a cheap media player, it has an xecuter 3 chip installed with the led faceplate and switch bank.

It's been years since I originally modded it and am stuck!
I can boot the Xbox in what I assume is 2modes. One takes me to the unleashed x bios where I can boot xbmc etc(LED Panel does not come on). The second boots as normal where the "xecuter rocks my box" logo appears, it then boots to the xecuter bios where I can access all my system (fan speed, led colours etc)LED screen now works and shows "X3 config live v3294" it also says "Bios: unkown".ive tried all combinations via the switch banks etc, but can't get it to boot to anything else?
From what I remember the unleash x is the softmod and latter Is the chip booting?
I do remember having to put the standard hdd back in as my upgraded one broke.
Do I need another bios for the banks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Nextelhalo

Re: Xecuter 3 chip please help!

Post by Nextelhalo »

Might try giving the power button a "quick press" and not the typical longer press.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
Andyccfc

Post by Andyccfc »

Nextelhalo wrote:Might try giving the power button a "quick press" and not the typical longer press.
Thanks for the reply

If I give the power button a quick press it boots to the Xbox "xecuter rocks yr box" main screen then the chip bios. If I do a longer press it boots into softmid mode with unleash x etc.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

You can set up your boot paths in x3 bios, via x3 config live.

The BIOS is up to date

The only problems with the x3 bios I have is the flubber noise can't be disabled.

The LCD can be also be set to enabled or disabled in the x3 config live menu (you get there after path is set by holding the white key upon boot)... This will confirm it still works.

My suggestion : ftp the newest xbmc4xbox and set your path to boot it.
Andyccfc

Post by Andyccfc »

I have attempted to get it to launch via the boot paths in the x3 bios tried xbmc,unleash x, avalaunch etc but when I reboot after the Xbox screen it just loads straight to x3 bios.

I donr know whether it's connected but when I load in softmoe via unleash x it recognises the network cable but can't connect to the net for xbmc etc

I remember it was these issues as to why I stopped using it but would really like to get it sorted.

I'll have a (another) mess about with the x3 bios setttings, any further suggestions (I'll dl the newest xbmc4xbox) would be appreciated!
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Make sure evox is configured for DHCP address assignment and see if the network connects
Andyccfc

Post by Andyccfc »

Ok quick update, managed to get xbmc booting via x3 chip by quick launch (pressing trigger while booting) which I can live with.(thanks for the tip)

Now as for internet access I have made sure everything via xbmc and unleah x is set to DHCP I can detect network, just tried connection test via my version of xbmc (bulid 1.1.0 Ian 2006) all info has come up for the network (ip,gateway,dns etc) but on internet bit it says not connected and to check network settings.

If anyone can help it would be great!
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Update XBMC to 3.5.1, try connecting to the ftp server of your old XBMC. Does it work? If so, drop the new XBMC next to your old one, and set the new paths to test if it boots.

You need to add "default.xbe" to the boot order.
Andyccfc

Post by Andyccfc »

I will have to update over weekend, don't have access to laptop atm so noway to sort out the ftp etc
Sorry for the noob questions as you can tell by my build, (its ancient) I haven't been involved in tge scene for a bit
Where would I add the default.xbe to the boot order? Via x3 chip or xbmc?

Thanks again
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

The lazy way would be to use one of the installer / tool discs to do the default .xbe for you , I'm not sure if its on HeXen or Slayers , someone else might have a better memory than me :-)
You will need to burn a disc , they are pretty handy to have to hand anyway if you are starting to tinker again .
Andyccfc

Post by Andyccfc »

Quick update,
I have successfully updated unleash x and xbmc to current its versions

Net is working and connects fine

Last issue is with the available scripts, I have tried 3 so far install fine, but when I try to play via videos them it says I have a script error?
I've been doing a lot of reading etc but just need some pointers, from what I gather you have to ftp them to Xbox zipped. Is there any good resources specific for xbmc? Recommendations? Etc?

I realise this is now going off my original post and will gladly repost in correct forum if needs be.

Thanks
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

current bleeding edge has python sql bugs I believe you need to try an older build or copy the older python dir over the top of that build.
Andyccfc

Post by Andyccfc »

Nice one, I'll try that out over the next couple if days, orderd myself another upgraded hdd so I can get all my emu's etc on it. Forgot how much of an amazing bit of kit the ogxbox with xbmc etc is.

Still got all my kotor saves aswel!

One thing I would like to know, is it possible to stream live tv via xbmc? From what I gather you can't?(wanted to use it as a Tv/media streamer in bedroom)
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

I have had luck with some streams using World News Live plugin from superrepo.

Just a heads up, discussion of any "questionable sources" and their respective plugins is not permitted here.
Andyccfc

Post by Andyccfc »

Thanks for the heads up, I'll do some further research

Since I've last posted my upgraded hdd has come which is installed. I'm having problems with xbmc reading .iso from my hdd, I installed kotor (which I own and therefore legally allowed to back up) which is in my f:

In programs i have tried to add source it sees the folder but not the .iso, I can see it in file manager but can only highlight it?

I'm probably missing something really obvious? Please help!
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

You can still play game ISO files using a rather difficult method.

Alternatively, you can extract the xISO files with Qwix on your PC and transfer them to the Xbox. You can also extract the xISO files using DVD2Xbox or UnleashX dashboard directly with the Xbox itself.

Thing is, XBMC is only capable of launching XBE files, which default.xbe is the main executable in each game that is extracted.

Do a search here for launching ISOs (beware some games incompatible launching from ISO, and many ISO are simply larger than the maximum 4GB filesize).
Andyccfc

Post by Andyccfc »

Thanks for the advice

Over the last couple if days I have been doing a lot if reading,tweaking etc and pretty much got everything sorted.

Still having issues with the scripts though, I installed the python folder from an older version of xbmc 3.3 I think. Now though it won't actually load anything when I go through the add programs, addonsforxbox installer, if I try to cancel it just hangs and u have to restart, I reverted back to new version but now that's doing the same e.g. won't load anything? Bit stumped.

Also the 2 usb ports on the right side of the panel, I just get a messege saying it's unable to mount, when I try my usb stick and external hdd?

Again thanks for all the help so far its been integral to getting it up and running again

Also just ordered a set of component cables!

Loving the modded Xbox threads with everyone's creations!
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Your USB port will be more useful as a hookup for mouse and keyboard...

For mounting a USB storage, you are limited to Fat32 4GB read only, or FatX 4GB read/write at slow speed. :)