Messed up Softmod, trying to recover

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
AndyInNYC

Messed up Softmod, trying to recover

Post by AndyInNYC »

Hi all. I'm sunk trying to set up the basement xbox. Unfortunately, the softmod failed and I'm 'mostly dead'.

I ran the softmod and it failed, so I used the softmod (SID 5.1x) to uninstall the softmod. I then re-ran the softmod to try again.
That mod again failed - and now when I boot up Splinter Cell I can't load the exploit and start over.

The machine will boot games, but when the drive is open I get the following error message:

XBMC Fatal Error:
special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml, Line 0
Failed to Open

IP Address: 192.168.0.2

Starting FTP Server ...
FTP server running on Port 21, login: xbox/xbox

If I connect the xbox directly to a router and put a Windows machine on the router I can ftp on port 21 - so I think all is not lost.

Unfortunately, I am lost. I don't have the technical skill to recompile xbmc, etc. but I can follow directions and copy files. I did back up the eeprom data, so it should still be available.

Is there a non-clever (i.e. idiot-proof enough for me to fix my errors) way to set the machine back to stock so that I can re-run the exploit or is there a set of files I can download/copy to the machine to have xbmc/completed exploit up and running?

I so appreciate the help.

Andrew
Nextelhalo

Re: Messed up Softmod, trying to recover

Post by Nextelhalo »

I'm not too handy with softmods but with that error you might be able to just FTP a new build of XBMC to it, reboot it and it should boot to XBMC from there. For XBMC just download the latest build and copy all of the files inside the XBMC folder to the, this is where i could be wrong, dashboard folder? Or find a folder labeled XBMC and copy the files there. Again, I may be way off here so I would wait for a better softmod guru to chime in.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
AndyInNYC

Post by AndyInNYC »

Can you tell me where I can download the latest build in executable form that isn't based on a torrent?

From what I understand, the 'downloads' are all source based; I don't think I have the tools to build an executable.

Thanks for the advice.

Andrew
psyko_chewbacca

Post by psyko_chewbacca »

You can find unofficial pre-compiled builds (ready to transfer to Xbox via FTP) here on these forums. Just unzip them before!

Look in your E drive for a subfolder containing a folder structure resembling the one from the XBMC4Xbox archive you download. Then copy over the new files.
AndyInNYC

Post by AndyInNYC »

Sorry, everything I see on this board states that I can't get pre-compiled builds. Can you point me to a download link for 3.51 (or even 3.5)? I'm clearly missing something if this is available on this forum.

Thank you so much.

Andrew

psyko_chewbacca wrote:You can find unofficial pre-compiled builds (ready to transfer to Xbox via FTP) here on these forums. Just unzip them before!

Look in your E drive for a subfolder containing a folder structure resembling the one from the XBMC4Xbox archive you download. Then copy over the new files.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5