xbox became dead for no reason

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
sixties keith

xbox became dead for no reason

Post by sixties keith »

Flip me 2 problems in one day cant believe it.

so over the weekend i sold a softmodded xbox to a fella and did the usual testing etc while he was here. all working grand worked for 2 days then he moved it to his bedroom and boom its broke. he said it turned on and off a few times then gave him an error screen (i suspect the 'xbox requires service' screen but he didnt remember the error code.

After trying to reboot, it is simply dead now, never seen anything like it.

I tested it here at home and it wont even boot, nothing just a flicker on the screen and thats it, no boot, no lights and no error screen. Took it apart and it was super clean inside, didnt see any problems with the clock cap but removed it and cleaned around the board (as i say still no problems seen)

also tested with 2 different power supplies of the same type and same results, i have another power supply here from a different crystal console (this ones standard black) but didnt wana try that incase it was a different voltage.

Very uncommon at least for me, ive always had at least an error code to work from so any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

keith

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
Rocky5

Re: xbox became dead for no reason

Post by Rocky5 »

If it's a 1.6 (you said crystal) then it's more than likely this little shit. Also v1.6a/b require the clock cap to be present or it won't boot.

MMBT3906LT1 transistor
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
RunsilenT

Post by RunsilenT »

Sixties Keith I have a supply of the above mentioned little shits if you require any, pm me.
I had a similar problem when i got a 1.6 mobo that someone had fitted to a 1.x casing.
Its fairly well documented that the metal base under the mobo shorts just under gfx chip
and blows the little transistor unless its cut away/modified as not to touch (extra mount/hole).
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

sorry no you misunderstand, the console in question is a black one and i had tested all available other power supplies out of other Xbox's (known working) but still same results. i was only saying i had 1 more power supply to test it with and that it looked different (its the one out of a crystal machine) i was speaking about

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.