Space not available

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
kaztenburg

Space not available

Post by kaztenburg »

Hello All,

I recently softmodded my orginal xbox and wanted to upgrade my hard drive. I used chimp to clone to a western digital 250GB, it worked fine and I can boot to the new hard drive fine. I am running unleashx,xbmc,evox for dashes. The problem is none of my space is available. I have C,D,E,F,X,Y and Z drives each vary in size, mostly 750 MB. So I installed XBpartitioner but I am stuck on how to get my space back. XBpartitioner shows 5 primary partitions all in MB, at the bottom I can see 225.43 GB space available as an extended but no matter what I do I cant get that space to show up on one of the primary's. I have used the LandR triggers to decrease all the space from the primary's then try to increase one to use all of it but it will only give me MB's. I have not wrote anything I dont want to ruin it. Ultimately I would like to have all the space on an F and delete the others. Is there any way I can accomplish this, any help would be much appreciated thanks.

crosscrunchy10

Re: Space not available

Post by crosscrunchy10 »

C, E, X, Y, and Z are all system partitions. C is where your original dashboard is stored, E is where your modded dashboard, game saves, and applications are stored. X, Y, and Z are each cache drives that are used by games. Those partitions must stay. You have everything set up properly in XBPartitoner in your second picture, the only thing you need to do is apply the partition scheme by pressing start and then Y. Give it a second to format and you should see "Formatting Partition 6 with 16k clusters" or something like that. It should then show up properly in your dashboard as F:\
kaztenburg

Post by kaztenburg »

Hey thank you so much for the reply. I followed your instructions, hit start got a black screen that said to hit y, hit y and at the bottom I get writing partition table for a second and thats it. I did it again and nothing, I powercycled,did it again and same thing it says writing partition table but never changes the space. So I looked at the help section and it said hit a to cycle through commonly used schemes I did that and got 6 and 7 with 125GB each, I hit start then y and then I get formatting partitions with 16K clusters. I powercycle and had to reinstall my dashes but then boom space is there. Not sure why it wouldnt let me do it all in 225GB but oh well this works for me. Man thank you so much for this, I was working on this for 3 days and was scared to hit anything so this really did it for me. Thanks a million!
crosscrunchy10

Post by crosscrunchy10 »

No problem! I've been fighting to get my 2TB drive working so I've worked with these programs more than I ever wanted to lol. Glad you got everything working :)