Changing Front LED Colour

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
xman

Changing Front LED Colour

Post by xman »

Is it possible to change the front LED colour when music or videos are selected?. I have a light effect I want to be on only when music videos or music are being played and am just wondering if there is a way when selected either of these modes will result in changing the front LED colour I can use to control the light effect. I know I can change the front LED colour using XBMC's settings but this feature really need to be automated to make the most of this lighting effect.
toxicmedz

Re: Changing Front LED Colour

Post by toxicmedz »

Not that I know of. You would likely have to disconnect the power to the leds on the PCB and have their power controlled from a different source that you can control that will allow you to flip between the desired colors.
sixties keith

Re: Changing Front LED Colour

Post by sixties keith »

Would some soft of code written up for the advanced settings file not help? i know there's code written for some of the emulators etc to change the color on booting them, why not when music and video is selected?

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.