upgrading xbox hard drive

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
trevally

upgrading xbox hard drive

Post by trevally »

Hi all. I hope you can help. I am new to this forum & have a soft modded xbox original with xbmc & coinops6 etc installed.
I have purchased a 2nd original xbox & have softmodded it myself successfully. I want to clone the hard drive in my first xbox with coinops & use it in the new xbox. I have tried different methods via youtube (chimp) etc but I just keep getting stuck. I have tried chimp 2.4 & 2618. I have the correct jumper settings for master & slave but when I try to clone it recognises that my new drive is there & when I click on clone from master to slave it jumps straight into action but it carries out 10 steps then just hangs & wont go any further. the new drive I want to upgrade to is a Maxtor DiamondMax 21 250gig model no 6A250VO. It came out of a cctv dvr. I wonder is it just that the hd that I am trying to clone to just isn't compatible or is my chimp prog corrupt or am I doing something wrong ? Or does it need to be formatted a certain way ?
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Regards & thanks for any advise you can provide
Cheers
eGO-X

Re: upgrading xbox hard drive

Post by eGO-X »

Hello there,

I have my 120GB HDD easily secured via FTP to my computer. (took me a while)

Then I took a larger HDD and stuck them to the Xbox, was launched with AID and installed a quick dash.
I was boot my Xbox, configure the FTP-Connect and copied all saved Xbox data from my computer to this new HDD.

Then I was able to install the new larger HDD in my Xbox.

I wish you success.
Best wishes from germany :P
Angy

• +-+[ MR-EGO ]+-+
    I'm not as other me
    would like to have!!!
    NO! I'm much worse!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
[/size]
Nextelhalo

Re: upgrading xbox hard drive

Post by Nextelhalo »

Sounds like a pain in the ass. Why not just transfer Coinops and all of your content from one xbox to the other via network? You can use XBMC or Avalaunch and have the two xbox's see each other, then transfer from one to the other. It may not be the fastest but if you use Avalaunch you'll get 10mbs.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched