Xenium - cotroller spoof

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
coacharnold

Xenium - cotroller spoof

Post by coacharnold »

How can I trick my Xenium Mod chip into thinking my DVD remote is an actual controller.. Currently I have to leave an "Official " xbox cotroller plugged in for it to boot correctly. I spoke with FloydtheBarber about this, he says it's related to the chip being a "non" official" xenium chip with bios v1.0 ... and as it's a fake chip, it will not survive a bios update.

SO that said. --- Is there a hack to spoof the system into booting with just my dvd controller plugged in?

T
Nextelhalo

Re: Xenium - cotroller spoof

Post by Nextelhalo »

You might be able to hide a controller PCB inside the xbox and have it wired up to a controller port internally. I thought about this same thing when I had two of the exact same chips your talking about. Talk about a pain in the ass, I never could wrap my head around why it was like this.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
coacharnold

Re: Xenium - cotroller spoof

Post by coacharnold »

huh ... interesting idea ... to hook up the controller from inside. it just shouldn't be this hard.... any idea how the system knows it's a "stock" controller? I'm wondering if I could hack the IR sensor for the remote.