Reviving old xbox (and brain) - Questions

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
FelixTCat

Reviving old xbox (and brain) - Questions

Post by FelixTCat »

So I modded my xbox many many years ago and for the past few years it has just been collecting dust. Stumbling over it last night I decided to see about getting it updated to the latest XBMC and use it for a mame machine. I've spent this morning trying to remember / relearn what the hell I did back then.

Here's what I have come to figure out:
Xbox 1.6
Xecuter 3CE chip with the switch board on the front
Bank 1 - 3108
Bank 2 - 3294
80G hard drive

Is there a later bios I should be using ?.

I can boot into the xecuter bios screen but I cannot seem to FTP into it. I can FTP into the box when XBMC is loaded. I keep thinking I should be able to boot into the BIOS config screen but I'm not sure what I am missing there. One thing I noticed is that the IP address in the config screen is different then the IP address in XBMC.

Thanks for helping an old guy out.
xman

Re: Reviving old xbox (and brain) - Questions

Post by xman »

FelixTCat wrote:One thing I noticed is that the IP address in the config screen is different then the IP address in XBMC.

Thanks for helping an old guy out.
That's a good place to start. You could also use a Install disc like Slayers to enable you to FTP into the machine as well.
FelixTCat

Post by FelixTCat »

Booting to slayers 2.7 dvd allows me to ftp into the box (oddly enough with the same IP that the x3 config screen)
nidge

Post by nidge »

Is your IP address STATIC or DHCP?
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
FelixTCat

Post by FelixTCat »

So I had a 500G pata drive sitting around and decided to upgrade the box since I was relearning everything anyway. I backed up the 80g drive, installed the 500g and installed slayers 2.7 and XBMC 3.51.
I had DHCP for the IP address and after installing the new drive I was able to FTP into the xecuter bios. Restoring my backups to the new drive via FTP and things are going smoothly.