Xbox keeps fraging

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
xboxprince

Xbox keeps fraging

Post by xboxprince »

So I set up my trusty board in my room, I hadn't done this before because of some heat issues and after like a week or so my Ac broke and it got kinda hot and humid in my room but i still kept using it because I didn't have another box to use. then Installed a digital output on it and it still worked but after like 4 days it just startded to randomly lock up whislt i was playing music or watching a movie. so I would rebbot and it would frag then i'd wait a bit and it would work then it would do the same thing. also somtimes it would just freeze and i'd reboot it and it would rebbot fine but still freeze and since its fraging I think its the chip. so idk what to do and now I'm sad :(

Specs:
v1.4xbox

1.4ghz

128mb ram

xecuter 3 with control panel

160gb WD HDD.
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
Nextelhalo

Re: Xbox keeps fraging

Post by Nextelhalo »

Any idea what your CPU temps are?
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
xman

Post by xman »

I'd be setting the temp settings in XBMC to 55c and auto control with minimum fan speed at 5% just to be on the safe side. That same setting works fine here in Australia summer temps when the machine is in a closed in area like a bookshelf so I would say it to be fine where you are. However I am not sure whether Trusty moded machines actually have the chip temps connected in which case you would need to set the fan speed manually. If it is getting to the 72c that is causing it to lockup, you will be getting the error code red / orange but again, I don't know if that would even work on a Trusty machine. Either way I wouldn't be overheating that machine to many times.
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

Nextelhalo wrote:Any idea what your CPU temps are?
my Temps were averaging bettween 65c and 68c :(
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

xman wrote:I'd be setting the temp settings in XBMC to 55c and auto control with minimum fan speed at 5% just to be on the safe side. That same setting works fine here in Australia summer temps when the machine is in a closed in area like a bookshelf so I would say it to be fine where you are. However I am not sure whether Trusty moded machines actually have the chip temps connected in which case you would need to set the fan speed manually. If it is getting to the 72c that is causing it to lockup, you will be getting the error code red / orange but again, I don't know if that would even work on a Trusty machine. Either way I wouldn't be overheating that machine to many times.
the temps are way lower now, about 10c lower but its still locking up, do you think theres damge?
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Produce a debug log, might tell you - it's the Q:\xbmc.old.log you want, since you're rebooting it after lockup.
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

I'm starting to believe that there is nothing wrong with my box, I moved it for a brief period to the room closest to my router so I can get the debug log and I just didn't have any freezing problems. Idk if this makes sense but my xbox usually sits on top of my sub woofer maybe the shaking is causing it problems.
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

Nvm scratch that it froze again :(
toxicmedz

Post by toxicmedz »

Sounds like what mine was doing a while back. my issue was the CPU came loose in its socket it needed to be reseated =/ and thats a scary task considering he likes smothering everything in hotglue.
Ging3rguy

Post by Ging3rguy »

Can you remove the digital output you installed and see if it still happens :?:
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

toxicmedz wrote:Sounds like what mine was doing a while back. my issue was the CPU came loose in its socket it needed to be reseated =/ and thats a scary task considering he likes smothering everything in hotglue.
Sorry I took dumb long to reply, my pc got a bug and started working them 10 hour days, any way I think your right. I put it away for a bit due time the time constraints I had and decided to boot it up today and its condition has progressed. Now it freezes within in 3min of booting. I tapped it twice and each time it froze. at first I thought it was the chip and that there was a problem with the bios because I was getting the infamous christmas lights, then I thought maybe it is the cpu since the bios gives the cpu instructions and the xbox frezzes while im running programs or just listening to music.