[SOLVED] xbox fuzzy picture with component

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
xboxprince

[SOLVED] xbox fuzzy picture with component

Post by xboxprince »

I just bought some component cables and when I plugged them in they worked but there's like this fuzziness to the picture, it's like faint white waves, it's not the Xbox because it does it on my other Xboxes as well but it's really bad on my trusty Xbox. So does a anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you :)
Last edited by xboxprince on Wed May 27, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
scroeffie

Re: xbox fuzzy picture with component

Post by scroeffie »

iam almost shure its not the component cable its some kind of interference from other hardware !
i dont have this problem my self but other people do or maybe you got a faulty cable with no sheelding possible
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

I took the metal shielding of my Xbox, could that be the issue?
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
scroeffie

Post by scroeffie »

no because i have no metal sheelding in my xbox now for 5+ years never a problem maybe the hd cable is just faulty its possible
trie normal av cable !!
trie on other tv with hd cable
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

I found out what the problem was, you were right, it was signal interference from other devices. I isolated the console and the TV and the problem was solved.

Thanks a million man :)
scroeffie

Re: [SOLVED] xbox fuzzy picture with component

Post by scroeffie »

no problem :)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

xboxprince wrote:I found out what the problem was, you were right, it was signal interference from other devices. I isolated the console and the TV and the problem was solved.

Thanks a million man :)
What did you do to isolate it? If you dont mind me asking
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

moved all my other electronics to another room besides my tv :), than I put everything back but its still not fuzzy so idk really know what the problem was :/
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Just curious which kind of electronics you have... My buddy had this going on with his TV, and I have traded out official MS HD cables v1 and v2 (v2 are way high quality)... So I was stumped.

Maybe just follow your lead. Isolate
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

yea i would like to know this too, ive never came across this and i always removed as much of that metal casing as possible lol

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
xman

Post by xman »

It's pretty simple, don't have the video leads to close to any of the mains cables. As a general rule have a 50mm gap of air space between them. If you find you have issues, while the Xbox is on have someone watch the screen while you are at the back of the T.V. separating all the power leads from the Xbox lead. Not all power leads will effect the video but some definitely do no matter what brand / type leads you are using.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

could have been a device not plugged in properly and causing interference.

some of the 4 way type power boards are renowned for having dodgy contacts.

I got one factory new board and it had the phase and neutral transposed and it came from a Harvey Norman store.

have you considered the solder connections on the xbox power supply being the source of interference maybe they need a solder up or the actual mains cord socket being faulty?
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

fxmech wrote:Just curious which kind of electronics you have... My buddy had this going on with his TV, and I have traded out official MS HD cables v1 and v2 (v2 are way high quality)... So I was stumped.

since i was having the same problem in two rooms from two diffrent xbox's (not anymore)

Maybe just follow your lead. Isolate
my room:
Emerson 50"

Integra DTR 5.2 receiver

Mirage Frx surround

Mirage frx s10 powered sub

sony bluray player

22"

Other room:
46" westing house

Yamah receiver not sure which one but it supports 6.1

mirage frx s8 powered sub
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

professor_jonny wrote:could have been a device not plugged in properly and causing interference.

some of the 4 way type power boards are renowned for having dodgy contacts.

I got one factory new board and it had the phase and neutral transposed and it came from a Harvey Norman store.

have you considered the solder connections on the xbox power supply being the source of interference maybe they need a solder up or the actual mains cord socket being faulty?
No, I never thought of that but i'll do somtime this weekend, even though it has stopped its better to be safe then sorry :)

Thanks