Case Mods Showcase

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
RoyalX

Re: Case Mods Showcase

Post by RoyalX »

@ Nextelhalo

Oh yeah... The Bronze/Silver Hammered one.
But you was not that satisfied about the Silver paint being hammered.

I personally love the bronze hammered one on the first page.
blighty

Post by blighty »

Got a little bored yesterday and decided to put my slim on a diet, got a bit more work to do but got everything inside and ready to go.
this still uses a stock fan and a stock hdd. also in this pic is my Xbox PC and my NES PC ( under the table )

Will post another pic when it's finished and painted :D
stock vs slim
stock vs slim
RoyalX

Post by RoyalX »

WOW...Well done blighty

You got the eject button instead of the on/off button too.

Which color(s) you are going to use?
blighty

Post by blighty »

Thanks RoyalX! I am hoping to go for a fiat yellow, but I might have to do it another colour as my overclocked megadrive is yellow and might look silly sat next to it.

Maybe rosso red :/
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Very nice Blighty, your slim makes the xbox next to it look like a fat blob of lard. Do take some more pics of your cuts and what not.
I vote you should white or red for the slim, maybe even a blue?
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
asbo

Post by asbo »

This is rather old but maybe people who weren't on the other forum would like to see it. My xbox micro:
I was never really that happy with the finish, but there are many plans for when the CNC machine is finished. ;)
Not really sure if it counts as a case mod either, more a completely new case.
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

asbo wrote:Image
cooooool, looks a little funky, but a cnc could make it alot cooler :)

also, is than an x2.6 i see?
asbo

Post by asbo »

GhostlyGamer wrote: cooooool, looks a little funky, but a cnc could make it alot cooler :)
Oh yes indeedy!
GhostlyGamer wrote: also, is than an x2.6 i see?
Probably, I have a rather large stack of xboxs and that was just one I grabbed when I took those comparison shots ages ago. I've never really been a modchip person, that was in the machine when I got it off of ebay.
I got the chaps on the old forum to identify it but I can't remember what they said :lol:
These are the pics of it, didn't embed since they're massive:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/j ... NY0080.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/j ... NY0078.jpg
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

oooh, thats an original 2.6, not a ce, nice
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

i also have the chip mentioned above. is it a good chip?? can an lcd be used with it?

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

sixties keith wrote:i also have the chip mentioned above. is it a good chip?? can an lcd be used with it?
1. Yes
2. No, not without LCDMOD(which takes a bit of work, and cant be found anywhere)
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Pulled an old project off the back burner last night and finished it up. The cut on the jewel ring is not the prettiest but it works for me. Need's more light though, not too bright when the lights are off.
White Slim.jpg
Last edited by Nextelhalo on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
Debug kit untouched
xman

Post by xman »

Nex, that blue ring around the jewel looks awesome. :o That is a very nice touch and fits in real well with my opinion of a mod should be discrete to be successful. I'd leave that light level as it is. It seems the perfect amount of light to me. :D Now, how you did it?. Is that a standard jewel with the color removed till it was clear and an outer ring masked up while the rest was sprayed white?. And then LEDs fitted of coarse.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

blighty wrote: also in this pic is my Xbox PC and my NES PC
I made a nes pc years ago wish i kept it (wonder if an xbox would fit inside )?
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

Awesome jewel Nexetlhalo !!!!
Can you guys tell me what's the best method to put the jewel back after making it clear??
xman

Post by xman »

I don't do clear jewels because I always figured you would see the glue holding it but if that is what you want then I guess I would try clear silicon. I actually use silicon to stick mine back on.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

xman wrote:Nex, that blue ring around the jewel looks awesome. :o That is a very nice touch and fits in real well with my opinion of a mod should be discrete to be successful. I'd leave that light level as it is. It seems the perfect amount of light to me. :D Now, how you did it?. Is that a standard jewel with the color removed till it was clear and an outer ring masked up while the rest was sprayed white?. And then LEDs fitted of coarse.
That sir was a bugger to figure out. For a couple of years i wanted to do a ring of light around the jewel but could never figure out how to do it and do it right. For a while i thought about masking off the out side edge of the jewel (cleared) and then painting the rest leaving a clear ring. That didnt work out to well and was really hard to get just right. Soooooo, one day it hit me. Take off the jewel, clear it out and paint it white. Use a hole saw to cut the case below the jewel then dremel out the hole in the case to be slightly bigger than the jewel. Once satisfied with the hole I cut, I got some lexan and cut it into a circle alittle larger than the hole I cut, hot glued it to the bottom side of the lid and rested the jewel on top. Light it up with some LED's and your all done. When i get home tonight I'll snap some pics from the inside of the case to show what i mean, it's so simple and i cant believe I didnt think of it before.
Debug kit untouched
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

Nextelhalo wrote:
xman wrote:Nex, that blue ring around the jewel looks awesome. :o That is a very nice touch and fits in real well with my opinion of a mod should be discrete to be successful. I'd leave that light level as it is. It seems the perfect amount of light to me. :D Now, how you did it?. Is that a standard jewel with the color removed till it was clear and an outer ring masked up while the rest was sprayed white?. And then LEDs fitted of coarse.
That sir was a bugger to figure out. For a couple of years i wanted to do a ring of light around the jewel but could never figure out how to do it and do it right. For a while i thought about masking off the out side edge of the jewel (cleared) and then painting the rest leaving a clear ring. That didnt work out to well and was really hard to get just right. Soooooo, one day it hit me. Take off the jewel, clear it out and paint it white. Use a hole saw to cut the case below the jewel then dremel out the hole in the case to be slightly bigger than the jewel. Once satisfied with the hole I cut, I got some lexan and cut it into a circle alittle larger than the hole I cut, hot glued it to the bottom side of the lid and rested the jewel on top. Light it up with some LED's and your all done. When i get home tonight I'll snap some pics from the inside of the case to show what i mean, it's so simple and i cant believe I didnt think of it before.

Who'da thunk?
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Debug kit untouched
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

Nextelhalo wrote:Image
well, obviously you did.