[solved] Best way to reformat F drive

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Jerry98vert

[solved] Best way to reformat F drive

Post by Jerry98vert »

Long story short, I soft modded my xbox from splinter cell with a new 500 GB hard drive. All was good F:/ drive showed 458 GB and I started to ftp games to the xbox all was good.

Then all of a sudden, thru filezilla, some games would not transfer for the pc to the xbox and I said let me stop the transfer and take a look at the xbox maybe I went over the 500 GB limit so I start to look and noticed my emulators were deleted and missing and a couple of other things gone so I said f@$k let me delete all stuff from the F drive and I will redo and by more attention to how much space I have when putting games in.

I deleted everyting except 3 games for some reason I can't delete, cant rename nothing works with these 3 xbox games and they are taking up about 100 gb space so I thought since I can't delete these files maybe I should just reformat only F: and start over, so what is the best way here.

Really I would like to delete these 3 game files but nothing works to delete, I have xbpartitioner I looked at this real quick and I see "ER" shouid I try to reformat thru parttitioner. Or should i try slayer or another program. Or do I need to rebuild the whold hard drive from scratch using splinter cell again.

thanks.
Last edited by Jerry98vert on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
spicemuseum

Re: Best way to reformat F drive

Post by spicemuseum »

Jerry98vert wrote:shouid I try to reformat thru parttitioner.
That's what I'd do.

...as an aside, I wonder whether the wrong cluster size was used when you first set up the drive? Did you use XBPartitioner to set up your partitions when you first installed the drive?
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

No I used HDmaker and reformatted the hard drive and build from scratch when I installed XBMC and checked out partitioner it showed 32 cluster at 458 GB I thought I was good to go.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Jerry98vert wrote:I used HDmaker...
Do you mean XBOXHDM ?

Irrespective, I'd still re-format F with XBPartitioner.
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

Sorry yes XBOXHDM, when I went in there I did see a "ER" I am guessing means error in the F drive so I hope it will let me format.

thanks
Jerry98vert

Re: [solved] Best way to reformat F drive

Post by Jerry98vert »

So here is what I did to solve the problem:

1. Went to UnleashX and deleted the 3 directories XBMC couldn't delete
2. Went to XBPartitioner and used the trigger to change by like 2Mb smaller in hard drive size because the current size just wouldn't work and reformat.

Bam it worked uploading again now, thanks.