Multiple softmods shut off

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Koitsu

Multiple softmods shut off

Post by Koitsu »

They cut off during music play on XBMC after a few hours, but also during a spirited session of Mario Party 1 on Surreal 6.0. They don't overheat, but they shut off like they think they did.

I do the basic AUF softmod install, and on one Xbox, I used the HeXen disc to install Krayzie's softmod. No effect. Is any of this common with softmods?

This is the system info of one of the xboxes.

One is 1.0, and another is 1.6. They both have the official XBMC4Xbox 3.5 on them, but they're no different. If a log is needed, I can recreate the shutoff by playing through a music list for a few hours. Rather not, of course.
Dan Dar3

Re: Multiple softmods shut off

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Try this, for XBMC4Xbox although from what you're saying it does that in games as well, pointing more to a hardware / overheating issue.
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... 725#p26725

From your screenshot, you seem to be running 3.5 beta 4 (r32788), you should aim for 3.5 final (above is r32955 and later):
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ave#p24907
Koitsu

Post by Koitsu »

Dan Dar3 wrote:...from what you're saying it does that in games as well, pointing more to a hardware / overheating issue...
They. Again, it's three xboxes at random, and different versions. The other two have always had 3.5 Final. I should've titled the thread "Multiple Xboxes with softmods shut off." The one in question with beta 4 never gets above 120F (~49C), and when it cuts off, if I jump up and turn it back on, it's well below that.

But I did install 3.5 Final into the last Xbox.

So I'll run some music on it for a few hours, and if it cuts off, I should at least have a log, but the other two Xboxes have gone through this already. I can't think that all three of them have the same hardware error.

And I can't find the Q:\UserData\advancedsettings.xml anywhere. What do I have to do to generate it, and / or can I simply make a text file with only those three lines?
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Very good. No, the file doesn't exist, you have to create it - the contents is in the link I posted earlier.

If you look at your Q:\xbmc.log (debug would be better) it shows you whether it found it or not, and whether it parsed it correctly - I also believe there is a message about the powersafe feature and the state it is in.

Keep an eye on temperatures though after this change, since the CPU won't go IDLE the temperatures might get high and stay high, so maybe ensure proper ventilation and maybe a dust off.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Could always jack up the fan speed in XBMC to 40% or so when your playing music, this could rule out overheating. While your in XBMC you can still monitor temps but if your playing an emulator or a game you really cant and by the time xbox boots back up it most likely has cooled down quite a bit. I agree it could be a hardware issue but it's a little odd that three of them show the same symptoms.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
Koitsu

Post by Koitsu »

Ok, I made the advancedsettings.xml file and put it in the Userdata folder. I'll run the music player again. I do have a log of last night, if that helps.
Attachments
xbmc.old.zip
xbmc log
(36 KiB) Downloaded 70 times