i Was Running Out Of Xboxes So i Bought Some.

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
professor_jonny

Re: i Was Running Out Of Xboxes So i Bought Some.

Post by professor_jonny »

yip that will work.
but after you will have to unlock the hdd to put it in the next xbox to re lock it :-).

I have two folders on my pc called C and E and I just ftp the contents to c and e on every xbox I tsop flash, I do it this way as I don't have 42 consoles to mod :-).

If I come across a windbond chip i just pop in an a linux flash method cd, but from now on I will be using XBlsat OS.xbe to do the same task saving me from fumbling around with cd's

I have just brought 9 xbox consoles for $4 so I will probally set up a hdd as you suggest that is a real good idea I have a few spare 8gb hdd's lying around!
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

professor_jonny wrote:I have just brought 9 xbox consoles for $4
Presumably NZD....making it a whopping £2 GBP two sterling pounds.

I.e. Less than the price of a pint of best unpasteurised live cask Berkshire Nut Brown Ale at Ye Olde God Forsaken Turnip at Stanford Dingley. Or indeed a pint of John Smith's excuse for bitter at the town boozer.
professor_jonny

Here is what I won but it is going to cost me $45 nz dollars to ship the lot, the nice lady said she found one more and will throw it in also so it is 10 all up :-)
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =858691550
xman

Post by xman »

spicemuseum wrote:Presumably NZD....making it a whopping £2 GBP two sterling pounds.

I.e. Less than the price of a pint of best unpasteurised live cask Berkshire Nut Brown Ale at Ye Olde God Forsaken Turnip at Stanford Dingley. Or indeed a pint of John Smith's excuse for bitter at the town boozer.
I suppose a higher price cold. :lol:
Best unpasteurised live cask Berkshire Nut Brown Ale. I think they are charging by the letter maybe. To avoid this out here we just grab the 1st letter so Victorian Bitter becomes VB etc. See, that way they don't need to charge by the minute for the barmaid to listen each time to, Best unpasteurised live cask Berkshire Nut Brown Ale. It could be BULCBNBA but out here we would shorten that more as we do and it would become something like BUBBA or just BA.
professor_jonny wrote:Here is what I won but it is going to cost me $45 nz dollars to ship the lot, the nice lady said she found one more and will throw it in also so it is 10 all up :-)
Nice score. Why is it we never get cables or controllers? :evil: I understand controllers because they fail but never the video cable or mains cable and it's not like you can use the video cable for anything else. I do have a number of stock cables because I sell a few machines with HD leads but I certainly don't have 40 of them.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

xman wrote:
spicemuseum wrote:Presumably NZD....making it a whopping £2 GBP two sterling pounds.

Best unpasteurised live cask Berkshire Nut Brown Ale. I think they are charging by the letter maybe. To avoid this out here we just grab the 1st letter so Victorian Bitter becomes VB etc. See, that way they don't need to charge by the minute for the barmaid to listen each time to, Best unpasteurised live cask Berkshire Nut Brown Ale. It could be BULCBNBA but out here we would shorten that more as we do and it would become something like BUBBA or just BA.
We're in serious danger of a thread hijacking here, but I'm afraid I can't let you get away with such an outrageous false comparison.
I think you ought to be comparing VB with John Smith's Bland Bitter.
A nice local Nut Brown cask ale brewed just up the road is better compared with an Ozzy Little Creatures Pale Ale.

There, and be done with it.
nidge

Post by nidge »

Just going back to exploits for a moment :)
I bought Splinter Cell for 35 uk pence! Already have it, but a bargain is a bargain ;)

What's the cheapest anyone's bought it for, ie: not for free? :lol:
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
professor_jonny

xman wrote:
Nice score. Why is it we never get cables or controllers? :evil: I understand controllers because they fail but never the video cable or mains cable and it's not like you can use the video cable for anything else. I do have a number of stock cables because I sell a few machines with HD leads but I certainly don't have 40 of them.
I know, where do they all go ? maybe this is the 11th wonder of the world ? and all the ones on ebay have the wrong 50 ohm impedance and the wire is the size of a strand of hair and if the kids pull them by the cable the plugs rip off, semi another reason I came up with my mod thing.

least they are not like the deamcast component and vga cables they cost a fortune.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

professor_jonny wrote:
xman wrote:Why is it we never get cables or controllers? :evil: I understand controllers because they fail but never the video cable ....
I know, where do they all go ? maybe this is the 11th wonder of the world ?
Checked the back of the sofa? Anyway, when you find them, no doubt you'll find all my pens there too.
Tayjelir

Post by Tayjelir »

Just throwing this out there, but Sony PSPs make for good Xbox memory cards when doing a first time softmod.
i love People Races On Field day in the EaStern iSlands On thuRsdays. just_ don't expect JanitOrs to cleaN your kNickers when You lose.
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

Man I have like 7 in the closet one Mountain Dew, 3 green Halo, 2 black and one clear ghost case. That means nothing to yours wow!
xman

Post by xman »

Update on this batch of machines. I went through the machines and repaired all but a few with the DVD belts and a laser clean and also identified the model machine so I could mark info this on stickers on the outside of the machines, I'm glad I did this. I went back to the place I got the lot from today and it appears they are after Xbox machines, not modded, just working. :D It seems they are being sold and they only have ones with faults being traded to them. How convenient. I just so happen to have some that I have that are now working perfectly. After a bit of dealing, I walked out today with another 4 Xboxes, all needing DVDrive repairs, (belts), 8 X AVI lead sets and two MS controllers. I owe in return 4 stock Xboxes that they will buy back @ $30 each. These will be 1.0 or 1.6 machines. 1.0 and 1.6 are the ones I least like to mod and they don't care as long as they work so they can have those ones that I have already marked and tested. The next batch of 4 machines in a couple of weeks, they will buy back a $40 unless they have something else I am after.
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

How interesting that the xbox's are in demand around your area. Kinda cool! :)
professor_jonny

I sold 6 to one guy one day he was about 20yr old he sold them to all his mates so they could play multi player system link at a boarding school dorm.

I got 150 for them each standard hdd and all tsop modded with video/power cables and no controllers.
xman

Post by xman »

professor_jonny wrote:I sold 6 to one guy one day he was about 20yr old he sold them to all his mates so they could play multi player system link at a boarding school dorm.

I got 150 for them each standard hdd and all tsop modded with video/power cables and no controllers.
It's funny you mention that, I was speaking to BuZz on Team Speak two days ago about selling bundles of stock HDD equipped machines with a couple of games with map packs on each for playing multi player system link games. :shock: Idea being I supply all that is required for 2, 4 or however many the person wants for system link except the T.V.s. My son's mates have been asking for such machines for some time. These guys were ones that used to come here and play Halo 2 and Far Cry link games using non stock maps and cheats enabled, ( within reason). No sense playing with unlimited health etc but Halo 2 with only tanks was a good game on the Blood Gulch map. I'm just wondering if anyone here still has some "Map Packs" for these games?. I always found those maps far better for system link than the standard maps supplied with the games.

Hmmm, I think I found the Halo 2 maps paks....
http://xboxdb.com/0000000001/v2.2/web/D ... gory&id=48
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

xman wrote:

professor_jonny wrote:Here is what I won but it is going to cost me $45 nz dollars to ship the lot, the nice lady said she found one more and will throw it in also so it is 10 all up :-)

Had one av cable fail, stripped it open and made a component cable with the help of an old monitor cable and dicksmith for rcas, could have recycled rcas too and used heatshrink to clean it up but didnt think of it till after.
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

professor_jonny wrote:yip that will work.
but after you will have to unlock the hdd to put it in the next xbox to re lock it :-).

I have two folders on my pc called C and E and I just ftp the contents to c and e on every xbox I tsop flash, I do it this way as I don't have 42 consoles to mod :-).

If I come across a windbond chip i just pop in an a linux flash method cd, but from now on I will be using XBlsat OS.xbe to do the same task saving me from fumbling around with cd's

I have just brought 9 xbox consoles for $4 so I will probally set up a hdd as you suggest that is a real good idea I have a few spare 8gb hdd's lying around!
So let me just see, if i start an xbox and unlock then hotswap to another xbox will that xbox then own the hdd key? I have an xbox with failed hdd but no eeprom backup can i somehow hotswap another hdd into it? Probably not cos it will error right?
Tom M.

Post by Tom M. »

Oh man. How are you going to power all that stuff at your LAN parties now?
nidge

Post by nidge »

Not quite as many as Xman :lol: ;)

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

:shock:
nidge

Post by nidge »

I didn't buy them all in one go, they were joblots of about 5 each :)