duox2 amd dead HDD help

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Mantinis00

duox2 amd dead HDD help

Post by Mantinis00 »

Hi all, ive bought not working hard moded xbox 1.6v whit dead HDD (no spinning sound but heating) and its chipped whit duo x2 amd chip, when i turn on the xbox it lights green one time, then it flashes red ring all the time , no video or sound.. tryed to just plug new HDD 40GB maxtor d740x-6l ,burned dvd-r http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbo ... ober-2014/ at 4x verbatim but it doesint launch.. it has good dvd rom because ive tryed it on other xbox.. what to do?
bigkidoz

Re: duox2 amd dead HDD help

Post by bigkidoz »

Maybe a bad burn or it just doesnt like verbatim's , try another disk brand.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Try booting with eject or holding the power button on boot. Maybe your chip isn't on when booting normally... check the chip documentation, I have never used yours.

When HeXEn loads your power LED should first turn red. It can take almost a minute to load the menu after that...

Is it possibly the IDE cable?
xman

Post by xman »

I'd say don't throw that HDD because it sounds to me yet another DuoX modchip that has dropped it flash. I've had a number DuoXs do this to me. Easy fix with another good modchip if you have one or can borrow one that will allow you to boot the machine then after it boots successfully, you pull that modchip and swap it with the dead DuoX and re-flash it with EvoXDash Utilities and it should be good to go for another couple of years. One of the reasons I like and use Aladdin modchips. I've never had an issue with them once setup.
Mantinis00

Post by Mantinis00 »

when i press the disk drive button xbox restarsts 2 times whit green light ring then it opens and starts to blink red...
Mantinis00

Post by Mantinis00 »

fxmech wrote:Try booting with eject or holding the power button on boot. Maybe your chip isn't on when booting normally... check the chip documentation, I have never used yours.

When HeXEn loads your power LED should first turn red. It can take almost a minute to load the menu after that...

Is it possibly the IDE cable?
i checked, IDE cabel is good ...
Mantinis00

Post by Mantinis00 »

xman wrote:I'd say don't throw that HDD because it sounds to me yet another DuoX modchip that has dropped it flash. I've had a number DuoXs do this to me. Easy fix with another good modchip if you have one or can borrow one that will allow you to boot the machine then after it boots successfully, you pull that modchip and swap it with the dead DuoX and re-flash it with EvoXDash Utilities and it should be good to go for another couple of years. One of the reasons I like and use Aladdin modchips. I've never had an issue with them once setup.
were can i buy a new chip?
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

RoyalX

Post by RoyalX »

Try the other bank. There is a switch on the modchip.

Check if the modchip is connected right. Cables too.
Maybe a picture, so we can help on that.