Update BIOS on modded Xbox

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
light_in_tunel

Re: Update BIOS on modded Xbox

Post by light_in_tunel »

So I guess there's nothing else I can do... I'm in touch with a local store that is supposed to sell chips and parts for xboxes 1. Lets see what they say. Worst case scenario I'll pay them to switch my modchip for a new one, with an updated bios.

Thanks to all of you. I'll keep you posted.
NeMesiS

Post by NeMesiS »

I think the problem here was that pressing the power button for longer than 2 seconds, the Aladdin is flash protected. Inorder to flash enable the Aladdin, press the power button for no longer than 1 second... Stupid I know, logic would make you think its the other way around... I hope this helps people in the future...

@XMAN: I might have one of them Aladdins you so desire... How do i know for sure?
Tom M.

Post by Tom M. »

Another option that I did yeasterday after some heavy research over internet, is to use The M8plus pack v1.4.1 of the PBL Metoo Edition BIOS loader. I needed to fix a non working IGR in Soul Calibur 2 (Xecuter 2 BIOS sucks at this) and you really do not need to flash anything. Just copy the BIN, CFG and XBE files over to root C and possibly rename evoxdash and the BIOS loader (also needs to be done inside BIN in EV Tool) so that the flashed BIOS launches the right XBE first. Works really well and you won't notice a single change. It just boots like previously.