dvd not working

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
garet74

dvd not working

Post by garet74 »

hi friends,i need your help while i have many problem with my dvd that read nothing and i can't format and reinstall my xbmc on my 1.6 xbox.now i have changed my drive with a normal ide drive taken from my old pc placing two resistence of about 220 ohm in the power cable and two wire connected to the eject button for open close operation.and it seems that he can do the work .the tray function properly but it won't read the xwizard disk that i insert for install everythings.my question is this:the ide drive was not able to load xbox original games but i don't understand if can be able to load the autoinstaller disk..what do you think about?are there another method that i can use to install the mediacenter without using a dvd player?my xbox have an x3 mounted on board but when i connect with filezilla i can't write nothing on the disk while filezilla sand me a timeout error..what can i do?
markaco

Re: dvd not working

Post by markaco »

Hi garet74 !
Sorry for my english , i'm italian and understand a little bit english language .....
For me the problem is inside the X-Wizard DVD .
Normal DVD-ROM drive not read the format of XBOX-Games (as you've already told) .
But is the same of X-Wizard DVD ! :D
Indeed if you insert it in a normal computer will not be read .
Or you replace the original xbox drive , or you burn X-wizard (not the ISO , but single directories ) in the iso 9660 format will be read to normal DVD-ROM drive .

Marco
garet74

Post by garet74 »

grazie caro :)
garet74

Post by garet74 »

nn va..nn lo legge manco a crepare..forse devo cambiare lettore dvd ,magari quello che ho preso e' un cadavere
markaco

Post by markaco »

Può essere , i prossimi giorni provo a replicare con la mia xbox ,l'esperimento , così ti dò conferma se funziona !
Ciao! :D
markaco

Post by markaco »

Esperimento riuscito !
Allora .... xbox 1.1 con lettore Philips originale collegato solo con cavo comandi (quello giallo per intenderci) , inserito all'interno qualsiasi disco originale (gioco ecc.)
Cavo IDE collegato a vecchio lettore DVD-ROM LG 8161 + collegato all'alimentatore con sdoppiatore .
Faccio partire il tutto con inserito all'interno del lettore non originale , il dvd di Lorenz (X-Wizard) masterizzato in UDF 1.02 (e non in iso9660 come erroneamente ti avevo detto :( )
Il lettore originale dice all'xbox che un disco è inserito (cosa che tu dovresti simulare con le resistenze , oppure magari il lettore cadavere riesce ancora a leggere un Gioco originale in ottime condizioni ) , il DVD-ROM esterno legge
L'X-Wizard e tutto funziona !
Per realizzare l' X-wizard , ho estratto dall'iso di X-Wizard (con extract-xiso sotto linux , ma va bene qualsiasi tool similare) i file e poi ho creato un dvd UDF con un qualsiasi programma di masterizzazione .....
Ciao stammi bene.
Marco