rol board and mods

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
professor_jonny

rol board and mods

Post by professor_jonny »

auto power on mod if you solder on a small electrolitic capicator between the top and bottom legs of the power switch as soon as the xbox is powered from the mains (or 12volt psu) the xbox will power up.
the cool thing about this mod you can turn it off and back on afterwards this mod works well with a timed power plug for a great alarm clock with a startup play list from xbmc4xbox :-).

If you have a mod chip that has a long press to enable the chip installing a larger capicator may be required to old the signal to boot from the chip or you may need a smaler one to not select the bakup bank for example with the x3 chip.

typically i use a 47uf 16volt cap and it works well.

led mod:
on the bottom picture you will see two common leg led's and these may be changed to customise your console ring of light.

eject/ power button swap:
if you wish to use swap the eject and power buttons over you can by switching the yellow wires over on wires 2 and 4
Last edited by professor_jonny on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
blighty

Re: rol board and mods

Post by blighty »

I love unsoldering one of the led's, bending the legs the other way and soldering it back in so you always get 1 red 1 green and orange stays orange :D
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

professor_jonny wrote:
if you wish to use swap the eject and power buttons over you can by switching the yellow wires over on pin 1 and 8 i think from memory?
Close, wires 2 and 4 which can be done with just using a small jewellers screwdriver or toothpick to push the wires back in.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

bigkidoz wrote:
professor_jonny wrote:
if you wish to use swap the eject and power buttons over you can by switching the yellow wires over on pin 1 and 8 i think from memory?
Close, wires 2 and 4 which can be done with just using a small jewellers screwdriver or toothpick to push the wires back in.
not really definatly no cigar!!
xman

Post by xman »

To swap the wires over for large button on off, DVD small button mod I use a thin flat screw driver to bend the little plastic retainers out of the way slightly and then pull on that wire and it will come straight out the front panel to mother board connector. Simply push the new wire back in without the screw driver holding the retainer and the new wire will clip straight back in the new location. Unless you follow the wires, you will never know the 2 wires have been switched. ;) I have been know to use a toothpick as BKO has when I couldn't find a suitable screw driver. :oops: