error 07 x3 hdd sata 2tb

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
garet74

error 07 x3 hdd sata 2tb

Post by garet74 »

hi friends ,i need your help while my xbox won't boot.it gives me error 07 everytime.i have an x3 with latest bios on it but when i boot up i can't access to x3 configlive while the xbox rocks logo don't appear and appear the error 07 .i have changed the ide cable,i have changed the sata adapter and i have changed the sata hard disk with another new without any success but if i connect an old ide drive from another xbox with x3 chip it boots fine.what can i do?
i noticed that the first time i have connected the new sata drive i can acces to x3 config live but after i have formatted the drive and the xbox when i have rebooted return to give me the error.have you got any help for me?i don't know what can i do..
fxmech

Re: error 07 x3 hdd sata 2tb

Post by fxmech »

Are you formatting with x3 BIOS? If so, don't.

Considering it starts with another drive without error, it probably is your partition/format.

On the other hand, it might be your SATA adapter/HDD itself that isn't working with the xbox.

There's a lot of troubleshooting you can do. I would start with setting your dashboard to a different partition. Sometimes a partition isn't loaded fast enough to boot from. Try booting from E, C, F and see if the results change.

To clarify, you say you can't get back into config live after the format?
garet74

Post by garet74 »

now when i start the xbox it will enter in config live but i can't ftp ,it doesn't work..filezilla gives me an error ,i don't have a working dvd drive,how can i format the drive without a dvd drive?
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

I suppose you can format the C and E partitions using x3 BIOS.

Try and get it booting off of either of those 2 partitions, then load up XBPartitioner 1.3. This program will format F and G with the proper cluster size.

The problem is error 7 means your HDD is taking to long to init or otherwise. This error 7 business means "HDD Timeout" by the Xbox.
garet74

Post by garet74 »

yes ,i'm doing this ,but i can't write on the disk,i have formatted the partition and after ,when i connect with filezilla ,says me that are waiting for a welcome message from my xbox.the error 7 appear when my sata adapter is not fully in the drive..probably connecting and reconnecting make it moove..but if i insert that adapter fully in the drive the error disappear.